So the contract hire for my Vivaro comes to a crashing halt at the end of February. I'll need to get it touched up [insert inappropriate joke here] before it goes back and I'll be sad to see it go. I called up Vauxhall about the possibility of me buying the van despite it being a hire agreement with no option to buy. My reasoning? Well, they're going to sell it anyway so why not save time, effort and money and give me first refusal? Their answer? It's the answer that ticked the box and thus refrained from anyone thinking for themselves and realising that it probably is a good idea.

Either way, I don't think that I'll be going down the hire agreement route again. The reason I did last time was to compensate for getting rid of the car and I wanted something a little nicer to drive because of that. Since then, as some would know, my nephew came to live with us, so I needed to get car again anyway. Now that I have a nice enough car to drive, the need for a van with bells and whistles isn't as strong.

So I'm more than likely going for a used van. It's been a while since I got myself one of these, but I am a bit wiser about it so this'll be interesting.