Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Van Conundrum

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Edit: Benny, thinking outside the box- Crewcab? Dual purpose. Lease a nice new one again, this time with a purchase option.
    I'm not against that idea and should a nice van appear with that option, I shall seriously consider it, but having a bulkhead really has been a difference maker between my old van and my current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    but having a bulkhead really has been a difference maker between my old van and my current one.
    In which direction? Bulkhead is absolutely vital, in my humble opinion. You can get a crewcab with a bulkhead, I'd have thought.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I'm not against that idea and should a nice van appear with that option, I shall seriously consider it, but having a bulkhead really has been a difference maker between my old van and my current one.
    My current van didn't have a bulkhead when I bought it, but I knew somewhere I could nab one from in short order.. my old one which was still sat on my drive

For my next one I'm thinking along the lines of an NV200 or similar. I've had my fill of French diesels going bad. Mind, my last lingo hadn't long clocked up 207k miles when its fuel injection system gave up the ghost.

In which direction? Bulkhead is absolutely vital, in my humble opinion. You can get a crewcab with a bulkhead, I'd have thought.
    Not with the amount of kit I use. I agree that a bulkhead is vital but I would consider a bulkhead-less one if it was an exceptional van.

Here you go, Benny and Toby. Imagine rolling up in one of these, eh?

Just a thought, isn't it interesting how Benny is becoming a Toby clone?

Here you go, Benny and Toby. Imagine rolling up in one of these, eh?

Just a thought, isn't it interesting how Benny is becoming a Toby clone?
    That is horrid. I'll pass, thanks.

That is horrid. I'll pass, thanks.
    The van or becoming a Toby clone (or both)

No not been a fan of Transits, or Fords at all tbh. but they have heritage in this territory.
    The sporty custom Transporters hands down look the best I think.

I would defo want a bulk head on my next vehicle, especially if it was a crew cab as they would effectively become my bulk head if I crashed, not sure I would forgive myself. failing that a fat bit of ply would be better than nothing.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Not sure what kit you guys are going out with, but I have a very small van, and it's great. It's as small as a car in terms of depth and width, so easy to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Not sure what kit you guys are going out with, but I have a very small van, and it's great. It's as small as a car in terms of depth and width, so easy to get around.
    Wash your mouth out with Soap!!

If you're not going out with at least a Transit Jumbo, VW Crafter, or big Sprinter, then you can't claim to be a real Disco!

OK, levity over. Many folk manage quite happily with something like a Berlingo, which is no bigger than a family car. Having something SWB Transit sized means that you don't have to stack things too high, and play Tetris every time you load it. Also allows for the carrying of effectively a full backup disco.

OK, levity over. Many folk manage quite happily with something like a Berlingo, which is no bigger than a family car. Having something SWB Transit sized means that you don't have to stack things too high, and play Tetris every time you load it. Also allows for the carrying of effectively a full backup disco.
    I love the Tetris - it means everything fits snug and doesn't roll around. And stacking up makes sense - otherwise it's wasted space.

I've surprised myself how much I can get in the van - usually carry 2 complete sound systems, for when I'm doing all day work.

The biggest benefit is the size limitation restricts me from buying too much gear - has worked well for my wallet!!