Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: none slippery floor for bubble machine

Default none slippery floor for bubble machine

Hi, hopefully this is the correct place to post this question.

I'm using a bubble machine for an event indoors. The floor is just plain concrete and will become quite slippery when the bubbles burst over it.

I want to put down some kind of temporary floor over the top of it to stop it being so slippery. Does anyone have suggestions for a type of material? I was thinking that fake grass would be best but it doesn't fit the theme of the event. Does anyone have suggestions for any flooring materials to cover an approx 5 x 5 m area?

thanks

Showing my age, coconut matting.

Jason, please take the time to pop across to the Newbies section, and introduce yourself. We're a nosey lot, and like to know who we're typing to.
    Thank you.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Look at the bubble fluid as a start as i am sure you can get less surfactant types that wont cause so much of a slip hazard. I would assume that if you start putting down carpets and the likes this would create another hazard. I am not sure it would be covered by PLI unless you do a risk assessment. Is there an alternative to Bubbles as I have not touched them since I saw someone fall over at one of my first club events and really hurt her back.

The main questions would be what sort of function and are the people going to be running, dancing and spinning about. Or is it an open day type thing with a more passive use?
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Look at the bubble fluid as a start as i am sure you can get less surfactant types that wont cause so much of a slip hazard. I would assume that if you start putting down carpets and the likes this would create another hazard. I am not sure it would be covered by PLI unless you do a risk assessment. Is there an alternative to Bubbles as I have not touched them since I saw someone fall over at one of my first club events and really hurt her back.

The main questions would be what sort of function and are the people going to be running, dancing and spinning about. Or is it an open day type thing with a more passive use?
    You PLI wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on unless you do a risk assessment regardless.