Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: The successful blunder!

Default The successful blunder!

I found myself slightly embarrassed but also quite proud of my achievement last night whilst playing Cabin Crew - Star to fall.

After pressing play, I went on to find another track to mix into it nicely - done. The crowd were good and the track was going down well so it was quite an easy night which allowed my mind to wander.
    I'm not really sure how it happened but after what must have been 90 seconds I snapped back and went into a state of panic... both laptop and controller were registering that the track hadn't gotten past the first 15 seconds or so! It must have crashed! Quickly rushing to ensure a good track was on the backup and then trying to evaluate what had gone wrong I noticed that I'd set an loop...

I feel a sense of achievement by playing a 4 second loop for 90 seconds and maintaining the dancefloor!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I feel a sense of achievement by playing a 4 second loop for 90 seconds and maintaining the dancefloor!
    LOL - been there and done that too many times to remember

Welcome to the world of EDM

Me too!

Sure we have all been there lol

My lastest problem is on the MC6000 I am forever pressing the sync button by mistake mid song
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I was distracted on Saturday night by the singers sound guy who asked me to unplug their mains lead from the wall socket behind me.

No, not what you're thinking! Mine were plugged into a separate set of sockets further along.

I duly reached down, switched it off and unplugged it, turned back to my unit and pressed stop on the disc that I had been cueing up and beat matching. Only I didn't, I pressed stop on the disc that was playing - Billie Jean, which suddenly came to an abrupt halt!!

A quick "I didn't like that one anyway" on the mic and I fired up the next track - couldn't care less whether I had finished preparing it fully!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I found myself slightly embarrassed but also quite proud of my achievement last night whilst playing Cabin Crew - Star to fall.

My 4 year old grandson's favourite! Always has it on and can find the YouTube video on my phone himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    I pressed stop on the disc that was playing - Billie Jean, which suddenly came to an abrupt halt!!

A quick "I didn't like that one anyway" on the mic and I fired up the next track - couldn't care less whether I had finished preparing it fully!!!
    Oh yussss....done that one many a time as well