Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bookings '07

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I'd give up too, if I were you Colin: once Badger's made his mind up about something, there is nothing on this earthe that will change his mind!!!!!
    For Karaoke & Discos in Torbay & South Devon
    http://www.starmaker2000disco.co.uk

Badger

the one thing that seems to have been missed here is the small size of your potential customer base.

Thinking of the activities I have seen advertised on posters strapped to lamposts etc,

"do you want to earn £xxx working part time from home?"

"car boot sale on Sunday at xxxxxx"

"massive furniture warehouse liquidation stock auction....."

Out of every 100 people who see those posters, there's a fairly high percentage of people who may be interested in what's being offered. Everyone wants more money, most people like a car boot sale and the idea of getting something new for cheap turns most of us on.

But out of that same 100 people, how many of them want a disco now or in the near future? And how many of that very small subset would buy from a lamp-post ad?

Get my drift

HTH

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco View Post
    Have found wedding fayres clicky and blooming impossible to get into around here, due to regular disco's hogging all the spots continuously booking 2 or 3 fairs in advance most only want a maximum of 2 disco's at these events they are also blooming expensive way of getting business

Will say telegraph poles are a short term solution to an old problem. I also put up a business card in places like tesco's & sainsburys notice boards. There are so many ways, I have found news agent boards a complete waste of time had town covered for last year without any responses am slowly going through all mediums of advertising to get business never discount anything til you have tried them even if for a short term thing
    & you wonder why you aren't getting much work in?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Good point Tony,but no one knows how successful he has been because he has not informed us yet

In a 2 month telephone campagn I have gained 5 bookings 2 for next year I canrt complain considering Im on 61 internet free directories and will be in my kids school calender when it goes on sale have been in local paper supliment for autumn wedding suppliers and now have upgraded my yellow pages ad so its slightly more promenent. Im in the process of buying A5 flyers and referal cards and I regularly leave postcards and request slips at all discos done Im also with disco.uk.net, another agency and being passed bookings from discos unable to handle there bookings, and doing DJ work on nights Im not discoing for eventuk. business is slowly picking up. But have so much more to do am going to be vying for pub contract as soon as it has changed hands

Until I get a full time day job Im stuck with making a success of this Job. The general market has died on its feet in haverhill thanks to influx of foriegn legion from poland rushia and portugal which has added a strangely continental feel to haverhill LOL in last year and Im even resorting to helping a mate do windows again
    Last edited by Have a disco; 20-11-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Well fair play to you ,you appear to be experimenting