Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bookings '07

Just check suffolk county council nothing about fly posting

but then found this

(Fly-posting is the illegal display of advertisements and notices on the public highway or without permission of the Planning Authority. This includes display on street furniture, staked in roundabouts, and tied or stapled to trees.

The Highways Act 1980, section 132 allows for the prosecution of anyone caught fixing the posters. The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 allows for the prosecution of the person fixing the poster, the persons benefiting from the advertisement and owner of the land on which it is displayed. The maximum fine on conviction is £1000)

still nothing about telegraph poles not being used as they are not street furniture?? they are the property of the telecoms industry and they still have to catch me. I had no prior knowledge of someone stapling it to the placing

Things are very relaxed around here no jobsworths that can be bothered with chasing people around here to date
    Last edited by Have a disco; 20-11-2006 at 05:12 PM.

I have just checked ,and there is

As far as I am concerned I GIVE UP
    For Karaoke & Discos in Torbay & South Devon
    http://www.starmaker2000disco.co.uk

I'd give up too, if I were you Colin: once Badger's made his mind up about something, there is nothing on this earthe that will change his mind!!!!!

to be honest i think it depends on what sort of work you are looking for? i would say the gigs you would get from your pinning posters to lamp posts campaign would be slightly different from the gigs you would get from a planned day at a wedding fair? yes more expensive but more chance of success and less chance of getting stabbed at a gig id say?
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

& technicaly telegraph poles ARE Street Furniture, regardless of who they belong to.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

street furniture thats made me smile.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    to be honest i think it depends on what sort of work you are looking for? i would say the gigs you would get from your pinning posters to lamp posts campaign would be slightly different from the gigs you would get from a planned day at a wedding fair? yes more expensive but more chance of success and less chance of getting stabbed at a gig id say?
    Totally agree Dragonfly - its like those adverts you see to increase your income by working from home - reeks of desperation!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Im not saying either of you are not right but the practise has been going on for decades without any problems, most are gone/faded within a few weeks/months dependant on quality of job done,

When was the last time you heard of anyone getting done (taken to court) by putting up lost dog or cat poster on every telegraph pole in there local area, same applies to a businesses "I have not heard of any todate" it is a trial and error thing. I said strategically place telegraph poles most are of no use. when someone stops at a junction they look around the area waiting for the lights to change and traffic to clear etc etc many a thing I have noticed via a placard or advertising board placed at these type of obstacles

surely lost dog/cat posters arent advertising a business and not for personal financial gain? may or may not make a difference?

Have found wedding fayres clicky and blooming impossible to get into around here, due to regular disco's hogging all the spots continuously booking 2 or 3 fairs in advance most only want a maximum of 2 disco's at these events they are also blooming expensive way of getting business

Will say telegraph poles are a short term solution to an old problem. I also put up a business card in places like tesco's & sainsburys notice boards. There are so many ways, I have found news agent boards a complete waste of time had town covered for last year without any responses am slowly going through all mediums of advertising to get business never discount anything til you have tried them even if for a short term thing