Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Merry New Year to one and all

Default Merry New Year to one and all

OK - I know I'm 24 hours too early.....but you lot will be out grafting and I'll be tucking into a couple of sweet sherries (my choice not to work tonight by the way.....can't be doing with the mess of NYE).

Enjoy the night whatever you're doing (Peter....I want photos or it didn't happen! ), and I'll speak to/see you all on the other side.

Happy New Year

I'm at a village party tonight. Last year I played in a posh steakhouse/bar place to a bunch of people who were really only there to eat and decided that I'd prefer to work somewhere with a bit more audience participation this year! I've already been told by the wife that I'll be taking next year off

Having said that, in true village tradition, I appear to have just received the playlist for tonight

Wish me luck

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

Enjoy the night whatever you're doing (Peter....I want photos or it didn't happen! ), and I'll speak to/see you all on the other side.
    It had better happen, after I've spent three days loading, rigging, rehearsing, troubleshooting, and generally being Mr Fixit!

I believe we may have a real Togger there, or Video person, not sure. Fear not, young Wayne, pictorial evidence will abound.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Happy New Year to everybody.
    It is so nice to be snuggled up indoors with the open fire crackling away, a couple of bottles of the fizzy stuff chilling nicely in the fridge, knowing that I don't have to go out if I don't want to.

Hope everybody has a good and safe night. For the first time in what must be 30 years, I am doing absolutely nothing this evening apart from chilling out.

I'm sat here, enjoying a 4 course meal (thank you hotel), later watching with a 4 piece band, with an estimated start time of 2345. Through midnight and then on until 0200. Bar is shutting at 0120, so you never know.

I also have a complimentary room and breakfast in the morning (served until 1200), so there'll be no need to drive home at stupid o'clock.

Oh, and miracles do happen as I got paid yesterday for the remainder of my (and the others) Christmas workings, so, the piggy bank is well and truly overflowing (don't tell the wife)!!!!

Enjoy tonight wherever you are and whoever you are with and whatever you are doing.

Happy new year to one and all, at midnight I moved into the kitchen of my house which overlooks the Derwent Valley to watch the fireworks which usually rival Nov 5th in quantity/quality. This year virtually nothing, I counted half a dozen cheap rockets and a couple of bangers, easily the poorest showing in my living memory (including the odd few wet NYE's). It's genuinely shocked me, I do hope it's not a sign of things to come in 2019.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Happy new year to one and all, at midnight I moved into the kitchen of my house which overlooks the Derwent Valley to watch the fireworks which usually rival Nov 5th in quantity/quality. This year virtually nothing, I counted half a dozen cheap rockets and a couple of bangers, easily the poorest showing in my living memory (including the odd few wet NYE's). It's genuinely shocked me, I do hope it's not a sign of things to come in 2019.
    Very similar in my neck of the woods to be honest.

Usually loads of fireworks going off during the evening in the village. Virtually nothing last night for some reason.

I suspect a certain event may be subconsciously subduing things at the moment (which I shall mention no more due to the forum rules). Let's see how the rest of the year pans out once people are more sure as to what's happening/not happening.

Hope everyone that was out had a good night. I'm seeing mixed reviews on various Facebook feeds this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

Hope everyone that was out had a good night. I'm seeing mixed reviews on various Facebook feeds this morning.
    You've not seen mine yet sonny, ah say you've not seen mine. Suffice to say that I switched off at 4.15am, and wandered home, having declined the offer of continuing drinking in a hot tub. ( Drinking alcohol, not drinking the hot tub )
    Report of the evening's events much later elsewhere. Suffice to say, it was a good one, and that's an understatement.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk