Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knowing when to stop sending chase up emails

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Where was I not polite or nice?
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I'd be with Benny 100% in this.
    And so would one of my customers. Not totally related, but apparently one way not to get a gig is to quote for it via email, and ring up the next day, in a somewhat " brusque" manner, effectively saying " are you gonna book, or not "?

Answer, " NOT"!

Another good way not to get the gig is when advised there's going to be a playlist/structured music policy, is to say " well I won't be taking much notice of that "! ( Especially when after chatting to the client, her requests/aims are eminently sensible, and doable ).

The third way ( round here apparently, deployed in readiness ) is to quote double my price for an all day gig. This one would have got the gig, ticked all the boxes except price. It's midweek, local to me, and handily placed in the diary, so my quote wasn't loaded to the max. Funnily enough, I've effectively quoted £100 less for a gig of very similar length that weekend, and although the customer's reply indicates I'm the best man for the job, it's obvious from the tone that I'm way over budget. Ah well, it was ever thus.

This one came from a lead generation service, and I was reply number five. Why was I the only one she contacted to discuss the gig with?

Because I didn't offer her a Wedding Disco. Makes you think.

Benny, sorry if I've dragged your topic slightly off topic, but I hope it illustrates the point that sometimes, over eagerness can be counter productive. Sometimes.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    This one came from a lead generation service, and I was reply number five. Why was I the only one she contacted to discuss the gig with?

Because I didn't offer her a Wedding Disco. Makes you think.
    I've seen this before when asking for cover for a birthday party. The email came complete with an illegal PDF copy of Derek Pengelly's Wedding guide.

I've also had one before that started with "Thank you for asking me to quote. I have worked at xxxx venue on numerous occasions before". Sounds reasonable, except I got very confused when I entered the referral information and gave out my home address, so they may have been telling porkies.....

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography