Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Yet another ( Yawn ) vaguely price related thread. Sorry.

Hybrid View

Default Yet another ( Yawn ) vaguely price related thread. Sorry.

Mod Note: As I can't bend time, I've got to interpolate the explanation in Edward's post, Sorry for that. To stop derailing a speaker thread, I've split it into a new one here.
    Excalibur, White haired Old Mod, still struggling with the buttons.

I've not ended up with anything as yet

Currently I cannot justify purchasing anything, tumble weeds around here work wise.

I attended a family friends friends wedding recently as a TOG, the DJ was charging £20/hr !
    Last edited by Excalibur; 15-04-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcontact68 View Post
    I've not ended up with anything as yet

Currently I cannot justify purchasing anything, tumble weeds around here work wise.
    It appears that the " bread and butter " work is mainly being filled by Sid. There's one locally on Facebook who isn't charging what I'd call a sensible price. Ironically, it's seemingly easier to get relatively well paid work, but there's not an abundance of that.

What there is an abundance of is sub £120 gigs, and that's not viable.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    It appears that the " bread and butter " work is mainly being filled by Sid. There's one locally on Facebook who isn't charging what I'd call a sensible price. Ironically, it's seemingly easier to get relatively well paid work, but there's not an abundance of that.

What there is an abundance of is sub £120 gigs, and that's not viable.
    I had a day job work colleague ask me if I knew a DJ starting out who would do a 70th birthday party 6.30 to 10.30 for pennies to get the experience. Think he wanted me to do it , thankfully I was already booked. Politely replied that all my friends and piers were experienced quality DJs and I didn't know any new starters.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I had a day job work colleague ask me if I knew a DJ starting out who would do a 70th birthday party 6.30 to 10.30 for pennies to get the experience. Think he wanted me to do it , thankfully I was already booked. Politely replied that all my friends and piers were experienced quality DJs and I didn't know any new starters.
    Strangely enough, this is a trend I'm noticing with brides of all people at the moment with possibly the biggest risk ever.....the photographer/videographer.

There seems to be a real surge of posts on the FB wedding groups at the moment with brides who are looking for students/new businesses looking to build their portfolio in exchange for cheap wedding photos.

Of ALL of the things I'd never take a risk on.....that'd have to be the top of my pile.

Funny but my private customers (who are now thankfully increasing in numbers) have all related to me tales of how they or someone they know got burned by booking someone cheap in the past. I've heard some right old horror stories but it seems for me at least customers are wising up. I just need more.