Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
The really annoying (and I mean it totally winds me up) thing about the PMC is all the negativity among djs I spoke to. "well that was an hour I'll never get back" etc then seeing the same people in the queue signing up for next year. Why all the forked tongue behaviour? I'd have enjoyed the conference more if there hadn't been so many DJs
It is interesting seeing many DJs who'll pay for lots of education (you can do too much - it leads to overwhelm), yet won't spend a penny on outsourcing anything.

If you're undertaking education, you've got to go with a mind to implement what they're saying - and an open mind to change the way you do things. I guess they're still chasing the unicorn of the silver bullet.

Many would be far better outsourcing some of the areas they struggle with if they don't want to do the hard work of implementing it themselves.

Back to the note of pricing - I'm struggling to see how a DJ could viable bring in more than £25k profit per year, without diversifying in to essentially a multi-op with dancefloors etc. Lots of people talk about impressive revenue figures, but few seem to be achieving the dizzy heights in profit.