Not meant as just a negative thread, but have recently had a lot of conversations with other suppliers, venues etc about how the needs/wants/attitudes of Brides and Grooms seem to be changing rapidly.

A few things I have noticed are :

1. Feedback is VERY rare. Even some of the top venues say they never ever really receive any feedback or reviews from clients. That is, of course, unless you ask for it.

2. Detailed Planning - most weddings now seem to go into every minute detail with military precision planning.

3. More about what 'they' want - yes, I have noticed that more couples, especially with the music, don't always consider other guests, it is more about what they want.

4. Freebies - not a free disco, but getting a lot of people trying to add on extra time (for example) without realising this will come at a cost. Similar with uplighting etc, they think it will be free - probably because most DJs will do everything for free.

5. Less other stuff - I think I now see a led dancefloor at maybe 10% of weddings and a photobooth at maybe 20%. Even bands are becoming more rare - quite often it is simply the DJ and Disco on an evening

6. Not wanting to meet - Although I don't labour it like I used too, couples don't seem interested in wanting to meet. Every email I send I offer to pop out for a chat, but if I have 10 client meetings a year I am lucky. Mind you, I do have a number of brides who have booked because I keep things simple and they don't want the hassle of meeting, needing a degree to work out what it will cost, or be baffled with things they know nothing about.

Anyone have any thoughts or other things they have noticed ?