Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Funnily enough, I'm getting a lot of customers recently, who give me the instruction " just play whatever makes people dance and enjoy themselves". A backlash from events with rigid playlists of decidedly dancefloor unfriendly stuff dictated by a client? " It's music that means a lot to me/us, so my friends will enjoy it". Yeah, right.
Ahh the "it's my party & I'll cry if I want to" customer. Thankfully I've only met a couple of those & both of them came via a residency so I couldn't bounce them. Yes dear, by all means smack me with a heavy going list but don't you dare expect to see anyone making merry to Great Gig In The Sky! FYI yes that really happened. It wasn't the most enjoyable gig I've ever done.. That was one of the lighter tracks...

I've always subscribed to the theory that the disco world is cyclic, and maybe it's the season for Personality to come to the fore?
So long as that just means 'a bit of banter now & then' not DJ Scream If You Wanna Go Faster Shouting Random Words Over The Mic For Effect (see "shabba!" eg) PERRRSONALLIDDY DJing.. I applaud this.