Thread: What music if any, is inappropriate for weddings

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I forgot to play Scooter though

Julian
    Burn him! Burn him!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I like music has a "Radio edit" and a "Clean amended version" (their words not mine!)

Talking of music that would usually be considered inappropriate for a wedding, how about Dutch Trance party dances?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFEDBewcfks

Groom was Dutch and this led into a storming Trance set (Zombie nation, Sandstorm, Robert Miles, etc). I forgot to play Scooter though

Julian
    Well it's better than the Cha Cha Slide. But not this, which has come up at a few weddings recently (twice during the gig, once a pre-request by a guest)..

Big in Belgium & Germany apparently, go figure

Oh & Re that Paris er.. song.. Oddly enough it came up as a bridesmaid's request last night while I was still playing Macklemore Can't Hold Us. Blow me if it didn't fit right in, so on it went. I pondered which edit to play.. the uncut or the one I bought from ILM.. and went with the uncut version. Oh how I kinda wished I hadn't. But then, the 'olds' in the room had been giving me faces all night anyway about the music. It was, you could say, out of my hands.

So yesterday I got a text from a relative of a groom to be whose wedding I'm DJing tomorrow, asking if there's any chance I could play
    at a certain point. Naturally, alarm bells rang so I had to dig a little. Well.. more on this story later maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    So yesterday I got a text from a relative of a groom to be whose wedding I'm DJing tomorrow, asking if there's any chance I could play
    at a certain point. Naturally, alarm bells rang so I had to dig a little. Well.. more on this story later maybe.
    I can't think of anything less appropriate to play at a wedding, other than a certain track by The Beautiful South (Don't marry her....).
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's, Quizes and more

I can't think of anything less appropriate to play at a wedding, other than a certain track by The Beautiful South (Don't marry her....).
    And most definitely not the album version! Famously broadcast inadvertently by a store, or suchlike.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

My couple on Saturday really struggled to find a song for their first dance, so imagine my shock when they finally decided on Whitney Houston 'Saving All My Love'

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My couple on Saturday really struggled to find a song for their first dance, so imagine my shock when they finally decided on Whitney Houston 'Saving All My Love'
    Oof! Mind, I almost had Chicago's Hard To Say I'm Sorry for the 1st dance at one very ill-fated gig. It was changed at the very last minute.