Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What music if any, is inappropriate for weddings

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I forgot to play Scooter though

Julian
    Burn him! Burn him!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I like music has a "Radio edit" and a "Clean amended version" (their words not mine!)

Talking of music that would usually be considered inappropriate for a wedding, how about Dutch Trance party dances?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFEDBewcfks

Groom was Dutch and this led into a storming Trance set (Zombie nation, Sandstorm, Robert Miles, etc). I forgot to play Scooter though

Julian
    Well it's better than the Cha Cha Slide. But not this, which has come up at a few weddings recently (twice during the gig, once a pre-request by a guest)..

Big in Belgium & Germany apparently, go figure

Oh & Re that Paris er.. song.. Oddly enough it came up as a bridesmaid's request last night while I was still playing Macklemore Can't Hold Us. Blow me if it didn't fit right in, so on it went. I pondered which edit to play.. the uncut or the one I bought from ILM.. and went with the uncut version. Oh how I kinda wished I hadn't. But then, the 'olds' in the room had been giving me faces all night anyway about the music. It was, you could say, out of my hands.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 11-08-2019 at 11:52 PM.

This just in.

and this

The Samaritans have put me on hold..

So yesterday I got a text from a relative of a groom to be whose wedding I'm DJing tomorrow, asking if there's any chance I could play
    at a certain point. Naturally, alarm bells rang so I had to dig a little. Well.. more on this story later maybe.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 17-08-2019 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Tidying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    So yesterday I got a text from a relative of a groom to be whose wedding I'm DJing tomorrow, asking if there's any chance I could play
    at a certain point. Naturally, alarm bells rang so I had to dig a little. Well.. more on this story later maybe.
    I can't think of anything less appropriate to play at a wedding, other than a certain track by The Beautiful South (Don't marry her....).
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I can't think of anything less appropriate to play at a wedding, other than a certain track by The Beautiful South (Don't marry her....).
    And most definitely not the album version! Famously broadcast inadvertently by a store, or suchlike.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

My couple on Saturday really struggled to find a song for their first dance, so imagine my shock when they finally decided on Whitney Houston 'Saving All My Love'

Quote Originally Posted by mark@pegasus View Post
    My couple on Saturday really struggled to find a song for their first dance, so imagine my shock when they finally decided on Whitney Houston 'Saving All My Love'
    Oof! Mind, I almost had Chicago's Hard To Say I'm Sorry for the 1st dance at one very ill-fated gig. It was changed at the very last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by mark@pegasus View Post
    I had Billy Paul - Me and Mrs Jones.

Great tune, not suitable at all for a first dance........

Everyone sang along, loved it and not one comment or puzzled faced.

There isn't really any songs that are inappropriate for a wedding I'd say. There's tons that shouldn't be but christ people know the words but don't pay any attention to what the song is about.

(Just an afterthought if you're doing a same sex wedding then something like "when a man loves a woman" would more than likely cause offence).
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I had a great request from a guest on Friday night: "The Offspring" - Get a job. The Bride is currently unemployed....

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography