Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What music if any, is inappropriate for weddings

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Inappropriate music for weddings - I try and avoid any explicit material.
    Even if it is accepted by wedding guests, I bear in mind the venue I am working in, any guests staying that are not part of the wedding and even that one guest who may find it offensive.

One query - in Paris must be one of my most requested songs, I try to avoid playing. Would you play it or not ?
    Haven't had it requested recently myself, I've played it once, for eighteen year olds. Don't ever see me playing it at a wedding. However, at Wednesday's wedding, a Tenacious D track was requested, the one with Gently in the title. I declined to play it. ( Even though I've a strong suspicion it would have gone down a storm. Tribute certainly did.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I've played her gently as the last song at 2 weddings and it went down brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Inappropriate music for weddings - I try and avoid any explicit material.
    Even if it is accepted by wedding guests, I bear in mind the venue I am working in, any guests staying that are not part of the wedding and even that one guest who may find it offensive.

One query - in Paris must be one of my most requested songs, I try to avoid playing. Would you play it or not?
    Played it (the clean/censored version) at the last two weddings. Not because it was requested, just because I thought it'd go down well with the crowd (and it did).

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Gary, Julian, you surprise me. I would never have countenanced playing it. Perhaps time to reconsider my stance, who knows?

( Added to which, I didn't know there was a clean/censored version. ) Linky?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Me either
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Neither did I. I've always played the X rated version that I have had for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Neither did I. I've always played the X rated version that I have had for years.
    You pottymouth!

Talking of explicit music, if you've got George Michael's Fast Love, I'm 99% sure your version has swearing in it...

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Talking of explicit music, if you've got George Michael's Fast Love, I'm 99% sure your version has swearing in it...
    There is a version on a Now album, so that stands a good chance of being clean. It's not guaranteed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I like music has a "Radio edit" and a "Clean amended version" (their words not mine!)

Talking of music that would usually be considered inappropriate for a wedding, how about Dutch Trance party dances?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFEDBewcfks

Groom was Dutch and this led into a storming Trance set (Zombie nation, Sandstorm, Robert Miles, etc). I forgot to play Scooter though

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography