Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: New/Old guy getting back in the game . . .

Default New/Old guy getting back in the game . . .

Thanks for the add folks! Ive worked on-air in Radio since before I graduated from High school, and was the youngest major-market radio DJ on the air in San Francisco at 17 years old back in the 1980's.
    Starting about the same time, I also worked mobile gigs full time all over Northern California as "the Kruisin' Mobile Oldies Show" from 1985 thru 1998 (Mostly Outdoor Street Rod/Custom Car shows & a lot of Weddings during the off season).

I had to put all of it on hold & store it away when I moved clear across the country for family obligations, & out here, I couldn't find any local DJ's willing to familiarize me with the local mobile scene here in Danville, Kentucky.

Fast forward a few years. Obligations have changed, but I remain in Danville. . .

I still couldn't find a local mentor, (can't even find a online mobile forum for Mobile DJ's here in the American Midwest!) but once a DJ, always a DJ! I still cant get the urge to play out of my blood! Making oldies playlists & mixtapes for friends still isn't enough! So I dusted off my original gear (Carver & Hafler amps, JBL 4699 & Ramsa wsa200/240 cabinets, Rane & DBX processing, cortex/stanton players & Rane board),
    . . . and here i am, trying to build up whats missing & update EVERYTHING on a shoestring budget until I get some business that can help me afford better gear & some marketing!

So now, as of August 2019, any recommendations and helpful tips to get a brother DJ back in the game (and maybe "Kruisin" back on the road in one form or another!) would be most welcome!

Hello Gordon, and

Sorta gets into the blood, doesn't it? Some of our members will be very familiar with some of the kit you mentioned, I hope you get the help you're looking for. How much of it will translate well to across the water, I don't know, but it's good to have you here for a new perspective. From memory, we have one or two of your countrymen and women on here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk