Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nerdy Statistics!

OK - I've started doing this as well. Apart from trying to keep my own sanity....it's revealing what I suspected: There are far too many tyre kickers around at the moment! It's actually something I've seen a lot of suppliers mentioning this month so I know I'm not alone.

So, my stats for the merry month of January

Enquiries: 19
    * Via website: 12
    * Via Facebook: 3
    * Via Bridebook: 2
    * Via SMS: 1
    * Via Google My Business: 1

Not counted are the hundreds (literally) of Add2Event low-ballers that have flooded my inbox this month. I refuse to shell out £4 to quote on a 6 hour wedding for £200 and never get a response.

The majority of enquiries are coming from my website......that's good, until you realise that I've had 222 visitors to the site this month! So, it's a roughly a 10% enquiry rate.....hmmmm.....MUST DO BETTER

I should mention that I publish my prices on my website, so those that actually bother to look at that page (and it's easy to find), have an idea of costs before they even get hold of me. Sadly, a lot of people don't read that far/click the "My Prices" link.

Enquiry types
    * Wedding: 9
    * Adult birthday: 3
    * Kids Party: 6 (this is good as I'm trying to re-start and push that side of the business for these quiet times)
    * PR shoot: 1 (WTF? An advertising agency INSISTING I take the Retro show to London for 6am, and then collect the next day...not happening!)

So, getting the right enquiries then - weddings are what I mostly do and I'm trying to boost the kids party side of things

And now the disheartening bit.....

The majority of enquiries normally ask availability and price. I always say if I'm available, but ask a couple of very quick questions to ascertain what's what before I give a price. Each enquiry is normally followed up several days later to make sure they got the email (I know they did because I can SEE they've read it), and prompting for a response.....

So far:
    * No response/ghosted: 12
    * Not available: 3
    * Contract sent but not returned: 1
    * Booked: 1
    * Not interested: 2

Don't know if I'm losing my touch, or whether people are just trying to get budgets and put feelers out. Just wish they'd tell me either way rather than ghosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    The majority of enquiries are coming from my website......that's good, until you realise that I've had 222 visitors to the site this month! So, it's a roughly a 10% enquiry rate.....hmmmm.....MUST DO BETTER.
    10% is *very* good.

Standard conversion rate to an enquiry is about 3%, so you're doing perfectly well at 10%.

At that rate, it's about increasing the number of visitors to the site, rather than trying to optimise the number of enquiries from those visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

At that rate, it's about increasing the number of visitors to the site, rather than trying to optimise the number of enquiries from those visitors.
    And THAT'S the bit I'm working on at the moment. I HATE SEO because it's such a long game, but it seems to be paying off

Ok, interesting - since 1st Jan I have had:

899 website visitors
    50 direct enquiries via my website contact form
    Of which...
    11 - I'm already booked for their date
    6 - converted to bookings
    33 - no reply

This is only part of the picture though as I've taken 29 bookings in total since 1st Jan. A few of the other 23 came through lead generation sites, 1 came from Facebook and the rest were either existing customers who have come back to me again (e.g. they're organising annual events - obviously not weddings ) or they have come to me through recommendation or been at an event where I've performed recently.

For fun, I signed up to Bark this week to see what's happening there and if their leads are any better these days. My favourite one so far is the request for a DJ for a £120 (that's supposed to the event name, not the price!!)

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Ok, interesting - since 1st Jan I have had:

899 website visitors
    50 direct enquiries via my website contact form
    Of which...
    11 - I'm already booked for their date
    6 - converted to bookings
    33 - no reply
    Yup - I think increasing my website traffic is top priority at the moment.
    If you don't mind me asking, do you do any advertising or is it all organic traffic?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    10% is *very* good.

Standard conversion rate to an enquiry is about 3%, so you're doing perfectly well at 10%.

I must be reading my analytics incorrectly, because in 2019 I had 1964 unique UK-based visitors to my website and converted 403 of them. That can't be right - I need to work out how to read that properly and definitely look at driving more traffic towards my site.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Yup - I think increasing my website traffic is top priority at the moment.
    If you don't mind me asking, do you do any advertising or is it all organic traffic?
    It's a wide range of sources. Adwords plays a part in there, but it's a relatively small part. I did have a quick look at your websites SEO ranking and it's higher than mine by a couple of points. It might just be the keywords you're targeting that isn't giving you the number and quality of visitors that you want.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography