OK - I've started doing this as well. Apart from trying to keep my own sanity....it's revealing what I suspected: There are far too many tyre kickers around at the moment! It's actually something I've seen a lot of suppliers mentioning this month so I know I'm not alone.

So, my stats for the merry month of January

Enquiries: 19
* Via website: 12
* Via Facebook: 3
* Via Bridebook: 2
* Via SMS: 1
* Via Google My Business: 1

Not counted are the hundreds (literally) of Add2Event low-ballers that have flooded my inbox this month. I refuse to shell out £4 to quote on a 6 hour wedding for £200 and never get a response.

The majority of enquiries are coming from my website......that's good, until you realise that I've had 222 visitors to the site this month! So, it's a roughly a 10% enquiry rate.....hmmmm.....MUST DO BETTER

I should mention that I publish my prices on my website, so those that actually bother to look at that page (and it's easy to find), have an idea of costs before they even get hold of me. Sadly, a lot of people don't read that far/click the "My Prices" link.

Enquiry types
* Wedding: 9
* Adult birthday: 3
* Kids Party: 6 (this is good as I'm trying to re-start and push that side of the business for these quiet times)
* PR shoot: 1 (WTF? An advertising agency INSISTING I take the Retro show to London for 6am, and then collect the next day...not happening!)

So, getting the right enquiries then - weddings are what I mostly do and I'm trying to boost the kids party side of things

And now the disheartening bit.....

The majority of enquiries normally ask availability and price. I always say if I'm available, but ask a couple of very quick questions to ascertain what's what before I give a price. Each enquiry is normally followed up several days later to make sure they got the email (I know they did because I can SEE they've read it), and prompting for a response.....

So far:
* No response/ghosted: 12
* Not available: 3
* Contract sent but not returned: 1
* Booked: 1
* Not interested: 2

Don't know if I'm losing my touch, or whether people are just trying to get budgets and put feelers out. Just wish they'd tell me either way rather than ghosting.