Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Nerdy Statistics!

  1. #1
    Benny Smyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,660

    Default Nerdy Statistics!

    At the beginning of the year, I started keeping a spreadsheet of every enquiry that comes to me. I keep track as to where they likely have come from, where they go and everything in between for the purpose of analysing it in a year's time and seeing what it is telling me. It's certainly an eye opener.

    Conversion of number enquiries to booked: 15%

    Sourced from:
    Other suppliers who have recommended me: 1.75% (Won 1.4% of overall bookings)
    Venue recommendations: 17.5% (Won 7% of overall bookings)
    Social Media: 2.45% (Won 0% of overall bookings)
    Online Directories & Wedding Fayres: 35.7% (Won 1% of overall bookings)
    Search Engine: 40.3% (Won 5.3% of overall bookings)
    Previous Guest of Client: 1.4% (Won 0.7% of overall bookings)

    I think that it's still too early to really dig deep into this data, but it certainly shows a bit of a trend in certain places. Does anyone else keep this much data for their work, or am I being far too nerdy?

  2. #2
    Mark 2 Version
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chester-le-Street
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    At the beginning of the year, I started keeping a spreadsheet of every enquiry that comes to me. I keep track as to where they likely have come from, where they go and everything in between for the purpose of analysing it in a year's time and seeing what it is telling me. It's certainly an eye opener.

    Conversion of number enquiries to booked: 15%

    Sourced from:
    Other suppliers who have recommended me: 1.75% (Won 1.4% of overall bookings)
    Venue recommendations: 17.5% (Won 7% of overall bookings)
    Social Media: 2.45% (Won 0% of overall bookings)
    Online Directories & Wedding Fayres: 35.7% (Won 1% of overall bookings)
    Search Engine: 40.3% (Won 5.3% of overall bookings)
    Previous Guest of Client: 1.4% (Won 0.7% of overall bookings)

    I think that it's still too early to really dig deep into this data, but it certainly shows a bit of a trend in certain places. Does anyone else keep this much data for their work, or am I being far too nerdy?
    I am stat mad and whenever people make an enquiry you will be amazed how much automation is attached to it and fed in to spreadsheets, which feed other spreadsheets etc etc. Most of my enquiries come between 2pm and 3pm on a Monday for example lol.

    Some real interesting results. Useful ? probably not, but interesting lol

  3. #3
    Benny Smyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Most of my enquiries come between 2pm and 3pm on a Monday for example lol.
    Talk about whipping yours out to make me feel inadequate.

  4. #4
    Mark 2 Version
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chester-le-Street
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Talk about whipping yours out to make me feel inadequate.
    Haha - the only real use is I know not to make a cuppa between 2 and 3 on a Monday

    TO be honest I have loads of stats but they not really that useful, more just of interest. I actually emailed about 3 years worth of past couples once before taking stats for where they found me - most replied they didn't know and in fact on closer inspection most couples even now don't really know where they FIRST heard about me. Most come via venue reccomendation (fine) or google, but normally by the time they have got to the google/fb stage they have already seen or heard about me elsewhere.

  5. #5
    Nakatomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Haha - the only real use is I know not to make a cuppa between 2 and 3 on a Monday

    TO be honest I have loads of stats but they not really that useful, more just of interest. I actually emailed about 3 years worth of past couples once before taking stats for where they found me - most replied they didn't know and in fact on closer inspection most couples even now don't really know where they FIRST heard about me. Most come via venue reccomendation (fine) or google, but normally by the time they have got to the google/fb stage they have already seen or heard about me elsewhere.

    I ask all my clients & everyone says Google. My site stats disagree so it's telling me that isn't where they FIRST heard of me. Indeed it sometimes transpires in later conversations that a friend recommended me THEN they used Google. Oh man you just can't win lol. But hey a booking is a booking!

  6. #6
    Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    I'm not that interested to be honest. I'd say my conversion rate is pretty high though - 15% seems a bit low considering how slick and pro your online presence is.

  7. #7
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I'm not that interested to be honest. I'd say my conversion rate is pretty high though - 15% seems a bit low considering how slick and pro your online presence is.
    That thought occurred to me too, Jim. Then, I realised that mine's probably 1.5%, so decided that Benny's not bad after all.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Reading, Berkshire
    Age
    36
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Sourced from:
    Other suppliers who have recommended me: 1.75% (Won 1.4% of overall bookings)
    Venue recommendations: 17.5% (Won 7% of overall bookings)
    Social Media: 2.45% (Won 0% of overall bookings)
    Online Directories & Wedding Fayres: 35.7% (Won 1% of overall bookings)
    Search Engine: 40.3% (Won 5.3% of overall bookings)
    Previous Guest of Client: 1.4% (Won 0.7% of overall bookings)
    ?
    So that's 15.4% of bookings - where did the other 84.6% come from?

  9. #9
    Benny Smyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    So that's 15.4% of bookings - where did the other 84.6% come from?
    You either need to get your calculator out again or re-read the post.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Reading, Berkshire
    Age
    36
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    You either need to get your calculator out again or re-read the post.
    In brackets, after each one, you've put (Won 7% of overall bookings)

    Overall bookings should make 100%.

    Your conversion rate of 15% is irrelevant at this point.

    It's important, because you'll get a much clearer understanding once you've got the percentage of overall bookings correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •