Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupidity Level: Epic

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    No, that DJ is called Chris and fills the floor with Proud Mary, Mr Brightside, Children of the Night and Sweet Caroline.

Guilty as charged

Something I need to try and change as must admit my FB page is getting very repetitive and predictable.
    I sometimes wonder if I'm missing a trick by posting vids of those songs so rarely... I dunno if I dare put a cha cha slide up though

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post

It doesn't have to look 'pro' in my opinion BUT... Audio if present should be clear & the pictures steady. I see DJs posting distorted, wobbly footage all the time. Often this is a function of the camera they're using. My last phone took lovely looking video but any music louder than a whisper sounded... Well just not like music & not the kind of advert any DJ needs.
    My brother passed me a gig on the other week as his wife was induced to have twins

It was an awards ceremony so no video required (he does video too) but at one stage I dropped a friends remix of Lewis Capaldi and the place erupted so I uploaded a short clip to the local Amp DJ group. When I played it back I couldn't believe how crap the quality on my phone was yet you've got people up here now trying to compete with the kind of stuff my brother and I have been doing with pro grade equipment for years just using their phone.

There's a reason I go out with more £££s invested in camera gear than music gear these days - it really is a selling point and re: promo videos Peter, I've had people want to book me on account of seeing my suit in the first 10 seconds of my last promo video the music, by and large is secondary to the nature of what you're offering at a higher end client imo.
    Last edited by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ; 23-09-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I sometimes wonder if I'm missing a trick by posting vids of those songs so rarely... I dunno if I dare put a cha cha slide up though
    I rarely include clips of those tunes during my videos - I don't do much in the way of line dances anyway but if I am doing one it's lucky if I'll throw in a few seconds of it and I'll get out from behind the booth and make it an action shot. Proud Mary I'll shoot parts of but again, I try to keep it minimal. I don't think for a minute people are sitting watching tonnes of my videos and going "oh his playlists must be the same" but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I rarely include clips of those tunes during my videos - I don't do much in the way of line dances anyway but if I am doing one it's lucky if I'll throw in a few seconds of it and I'll get out from behind the booth and make it an action shot. Proud Mary I'll shoot parts of but again, I try to keep it minimal. I don't think for a minute people are sitting watching tonnes of my videos and going "oh his playlists must be the same" but still.
    I think if you've seen one crowd cha cha slide or roll down the river you've seen them all. Normally people looking like they're concentrating rather than enjoying themselves in the case of the action dances.

As for quality.. anything is better than nothing usually but obviously the better you go there are returns. I get pretty good footage from my 600D with a 50mm f1.8 lens & my latest phone (Google pixel 3a) does very well to convey any action without additional lighting. The phone upgrade has blown me away actually... It seems to turn anything I shoot from a moving viewpoint into very stable video.

This has now gone so far off topic it could do with its own thread! Sorry Benny