Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: I think the end may be nigh for me

  1. #21
    Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    I came home from work on Thursday to 2 bits of mail

    - my ticket for the league cup semi final

    - a nice manila envelope with HMRC printed on top of it.

    I didn't want to open it and ruin my weekend so I left it until this morning. 3.5k give or take a few bob so not the total shafting I was expecting but still more than I want to give the s so I'm sitting down with an accountant over the next week or so to look into my options.

    Funny thing is, I was in Ibiza for a week there and totally like - ' it I'm rapping it in and we can go travelling South America properly in Summer 2021' to Saturday night having a great gig and thinking ' even if the tax bill is stinking, this is still really fun.'


  2. #22
    Nakatomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Nothing, but nothing stems quitting feelings like a good gig. I had to remind myself that virtually all the way through August but I think this time was the closest I've ever come to chucking it all down the toilet.

  3. #23
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Nothing, but nothing stems quitting feelings like a good gig. I had to remind myself that virtually all the way through August but I think this time was the closest I've ever come to chucking it all down the toilet.
    Hallelujah.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  4. #24
    Nakatomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hallelujah.
    What? Celebrating me almost quitting? Mind, I guess if & when I do shut up shop the industry will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief there's one less loose cannon doing the rounds

  5. #25
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    What? Celebrating me almost quitting? Mind, I guess if & when I do shut up shop the industry will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief there's one less loose cannon doing the rounds
    OK, muppet. Let's have another go, this time with emphasis on the apposite text.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Nothing, but nothing stems quitting feelings like a good gig. I had to remind myself that virtually all the way through August but I think this time was the closest I've ever come to chucking it all down the toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hallelujah.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  6. #26
    Nakatomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    OK, muppet. Let's have another go, this time with emphasis on the apposite text.
    Hahaha I know Peter, I know. I just like to think there are a few people who'd clap their hands when they hear I've jacked in

  7. #27
    Benny Smyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Hahaha I know Peter, I know. I just like to think there are a few people who'd clap their hands when they hear I've jacked in
    I've already got the firework display booked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •