Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think the end may be nigh for me

I came home from work on Thursday to 2 bits of mail

- my ticket for the league cup semi final

- a nice manila envelope with HMRC printed on top of it.

I didn't want to open it and ruin my weekend so I left it until this morning. 3.5k give or take a few bob so not the total shafting I was expecting but still more than I want to give the s so I'm sitting down with an accountant over the next week or so to look into my options.

Funny thing is, I was in Ibiza for a week there and totally like - ' it I'm rapping it in and we can go travelling South America properly in Summer 2021' to Saturday night having a great gig and thinking ' even if the tax bill is stinking, this is still really fun.'

Nothing, but nothing stems quitting feelings like a good gig. I had to remind myself that virtually all the way through August but I think this time was the closest I've ever come to chucking it all down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Nothing, but nothing stems quitting feelings like a good gig. I had to remind myself that virtually all the way through August but I think this time was the closest I've ever come to chucking it all down the toilet.
    Hallelujah.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hallelujah.
    What? Celebrating me almost quitting? Mind, I guess if & when I do shut up shop the industry will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief there's one less loose cannon doing the rounds

What? Celebrating me almost quitting? Mind, I guess if & when I do shut up shop the industry will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief there's one less loose cannon doing the rounds
    OK, muppet. Let's have another go, this time with emphasis on the apposite text.

Hallelujah.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

OK, muppet. Let's have another go, this time with emphasis on the apposite text.
    Hahaha I know Peter, I know. I just like to think there are a few people who'd clap their hands when they hear I've jacked in

Hahaha I know Peter, I know. I just like to think there are a few people who'd clap their hands when they hear I've jacked in
    I've already got the firework display booked.