Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: What should the site name / URL be?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mobile Disco Directory - mobilediscodirectory.co.uk / .uk

3 18.75%
  • Mobile Disco Forum - mobilediscoforum.co.uk / .uk

3 18.75%
  • Mobile DJ Forum - mobiledjforum.co.uk / .uk

10 62.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking Aloud - Possible Forum Name Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I've never liked the term 'disco' it's so outdated (apologies and no offence intended to anyone who uses it in their business name). I'd be up for anything that got rid of that in the forum and directory name. Just my 2cents Marc.
    I tend to agree with you there. The word 'disco' has always had the (perhaps now negative) "Saturday Night Fever" connotation, which was fine when that was popular as a genre, then establishments moved on from being 'discos' to being 'nightclubs' to try to shake this off.

You can offer a "mobile nightclub experience" but would you ever call yourself a mobile nightclub? The public tend to stick with "mobile disco", it's that term that they will usually search for when looking for your services (or mobile dj, or wedding dj / disco).

The forum will, I'm almost certain, move to www.mobiledjforum.co.uk. I think that's the better description for it.

For the directory, should I be looking at mobiledjdirectory.co.uk / . uk?

mobiledjdirectory.com is taken, with a UK based site, which seems to be connected with ukmobilediscos.co.uk as well. Doesn't seem too popular, though, with a total of 34 listings. Quite a nice site, actually, using WordPress and a decent directory theme. Might keep an eye on that!

I'm guessing you never did this?

A move to Xenforo would be a good idea. I used with a spin off forum that Darren and I set up...still got two licences somewhere.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    I'm guessing you never did this?

A move to Xenforo would be a good idea. I used with a spin off forum that Darren and I set up...still got two licences somewhere.
    Not yet, it's not high on the priority list but not forgotten about either. I don't know if Xenforo licenses are transferable but I might be interested in one of them (at the time) if you still have them!

Not sure. When I log in it's $55 for a year extension.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever