Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback Required - Services Offered

Would a customer even know or ever heard of ProDub?

Venues have only ever asked for PLI and PAT so would ProDub just be a point scoring exercise?
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Would a customer even know or ever heard of ProDub?

Venues have only ever asked for PLI and PAT so would ProDub just be a point scoring exercise?
    So many replies.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Back on track....

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    The "Skype" field is used by less than 1% of listings - should it be dropped?

Perhaps in favour of a WhatsApp link instead, e.g. Click here to send an enquiry via WhatsApp?

The "Skype" field is used by less than 1% of listings - should it be dropped?

Perhaps in favour of a WhatsApp link instead, e.g. Click here to send an enquiry via WhatsApp

?
    Never used Skype, but WhatsApp is a Godsend. To show I'm not a complete technophobe, once upon a time, in a venue with 18" thick walls blocking a phone signal, I used venue WiFi to make a phone call via WhatsApp.

I'm not up for building a reviews system into MDD, which would then be either open to abuse or require a lot of work to validate reviews.

I'd be up for incorporating Google Reviews. Google provides an API which will return the 5 "most helpful" reviews from a given Placeid - this Placeid would have to be entered by the DJ in their listing admin.
    And just to show I'm not a Technocrat either, Marc, I have absolutely no idea how what you've suggested has any bearing on my business. I don't think I'[ve got a google review.
    I've got solid 5* reviews from Add To Event, and all I have to do with them is one click and I can share them on Facebook. That I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Never used Skype, but WhatsApp is a Godsend. To show I'm not a complete technophobe, once upon a time, in a venue with 18" thick walls blocking a phone signal, I used venue WiFi to make a phone call via WhatsApp.
    I think far more people use Whatsapp than ever used Skype. I think I'll swap them out, as I said less than 1% of listings have a Skype address entered. The WhatsApp link will rely on a valid WhatsApp enabled mobile phone number entered, in international format, i.e. 447771234567.

I have absolutely no idea how what you've suggested has any bearing on my business. I don't think I've got a google review.
    It looks like you've claimed your listing in Google My Business. In the settings in there, you'll get a short URL, and a link to give customers to make it easier for them to give you a review on Google. Google are really pushing this, and adding more features - for example, if you install the Google My Business app on your phone, and enable the option, you can be messaged by customers directly from your GMB listing (info here).

You should always answer any Google reviews, even if it's just a "thanks", and always answer any questions that come in via GMB, as Google have said "engagement" could be a factor now or in future...

It looks like you've claimed your listing in Google My Business.

You should always answer any Google reviews, even if it's just a "thanks", and always answer any questions that come in via GMB, as Google have said "engagement" could be a factor now or in future...
    I've done a lot of things I don't understand. What a confusing place this modern world is for an old bloke.

Hmm, looks like I'd better start paying attention to yet another blasted social media outlet. Grr.

I've done a lot of things I don't understand. What a confusing place this modern world is for an old bloke.
    If it helps, using this tool, your Google My Business placeid seems to be ChIJo6vw9PHeeEgR4V3-Mok7cJU

Peter, to take it a step further, this is the link you should be giving clients to leave you reviews on Google: -

https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJo6vw9PHeeEgR4V3-Mok7cJU

How easy is that? What do you mean you want it easier???? OK...how about: -

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk/review

FYI done using an htaccess redirect, let whoever does your website know just in case they overwrite it by accident!

For anyone else reading....use the google URL above, replace the placeid parameter with your own placeid (find yours here) - job done. No excuse!
    Last edited by Marc J; 09-12-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Re the addition of filterable services, because this is an addition rather than a feature that's been there from the start, it's best if I add a service that all existing listings will be included in by default.

So, this would be "Mobile Disco" (given that it's the Mobile Disco Directory, that should be the bare minimum service offered!).

Meaning the full list I currently have is: -

1. PAT
    2. PLI
    3. ProDub
    4. Mobile Disco (ticked in all listings by default, unable to deselect)
    5. Karaoke
    6. Silent Disco
    7. Wedding Disco
    8. Master of Ceremonies
    9. Kids Disco
    10. School Prom
    11. Corporate Functions
    12. Quiz Nights
    13. Dancefloors
    14. Uplighting / Mood Lighting
    15. Dry Hire
    16. PA Hire
    17. Walk-Ins
    18. Residencies
    19. Photo Booth
    20. Sweet Cart
    21. LOVE Letters

Comments on additions / removals welcome!
    Last edited by Marc J; 09-12-2019 at 03:33 PM.