Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Required - Services Offered

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Master of Ceremonies
    Starcloths
    Bongo Bingo ?
    My spidey-sense™ tells me that you're not 100% serious for at least one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    My spidey-sense™ tells me that you're not 100% serious for at least one of those
    They all look legit to me

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    They all look legit to me
    Marc, Wayne is lying. Nobody has ever made a cloth from stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Marc, Wayne is lying. Nobody has ever made a cloth from stars.
    Or a booth from photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Grey? Grey? What, you mean like an elephant going on holiday on a battleship in thick fog?

Photographed in black and white.

Produb is not something that is necessarily needed anyway. I don't have it as I am still in the dark ages playing only CD's, so would I be marked down because I didn't have Produb when, for me, it is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 06-12-2019 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post

Produb is not something that is necessarily needed anyway. I don't have it as I am still in the dark ages playing only CD's, so would I be marked down because I didn't have Produb when, for me, it is irrelevant.
    As we all know, because we are fully conversant with all the intricacies and minutiae of the P-word licence, in theory you would not be marked down, as you could/would/should have your own little category of Produb Exempt. Whether you think that equates to someone walking in front of you ringing a bell, and shouting " Unclean, unclean" ...................................

Now to be really serious, while many of us proclaim the legality of our enterprises because we are " fully legal, with PAT and PLI", neither of those are legal requirements, whereas if we are playing mp3/WAV/MP4/other formats are available with a laptop or HDD player, in almost all cases, we would need Produb to be legal. Just saying.

Blimey, this being serious is tiring. Think I'll go off and be whimsical somewhere
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    I'm aware of that, which is why I marked it down to 1 point rather than 2. But that still means that, all other things being equal, ProDub would score higher than no ProDub, which I agree is not entirely fair.

As we all know, because we are fully conversant with all the intricacies and minutiae of the P-word licence, in theory you would not be marked down, as you could/would/should have your own little category of Produb Exempt.
    There is that option, or something like it. Similar to a SORN for you car tax

So, in their listing, a DJ can tick a "not required" box for ProDub. This might then include them in listings filtered by "ProDub" with a disclaimer within their listing something like "Whilst they do not hold a ProDub license, this company has indicated that, due to their operating methods, it is not a legal requirement"... or words to that effect?

I'd need help on both the wording for the "self certification" checkbox on the DJ admin side, and the wording for the public-facing listing page, if that was an acceptable solution.

I'd need help on both the wording for the "self certification" checkbox on the DJ admin side, and the wording for the public-facing listing page, if that was an acceptable solution.
    Just checked what needadisco do (as they've had a declaration option for ProDub for a long time). 5 fairly explicit options to opt out of Produb (depending on combined use of legal physical media and/or downloads) and virtually no mention of it on the public side of the site (except on Martin's listing).

I'm sure I'm going to get shot down for this, but the public don't get it and the recording industry don't really care about it any more (streaming has saved them so suing individuals who format shift is low on their list of priorities) so, unless you're going to base some kind of award on it (*cough* DJMark), I'd forget about mentioning it on any public site or directory. Awards, reviews, etc would seem to be more relevant?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

The "Skype" field is used by less than 1% of listings - should it be dropped?

Perhaps in favour of a WhatsApp link instead, e.g. Click here to send an enquiry via WhatsApp

?
    Last edited by Marc J; 09-12-2019 at 08:02 PM.

That's got to be in the right area, well done that man.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    J Awards, reviews, etc would seem to be more relevant?

Julian
    Reviews yes, ( although we're back into someone vetting them, more work ) and some " awards" cough, cough ( lot of nasty coughs going round, lately ) are , how can I best put it? Not universally accepted as being accurate indicators. ( And I won't say how many times I rewrote that )!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Reviews yes, ( although we're back into someone vetting them, more work )
    I'm not up for building a reviews system into MDD, which would then be either open to abuse or require a lot of work to validate reviews.

I'd be up for incorporating Google Reviews. Google provides an API which will return the 5 "most helpful" reviews from a given Placeid - this Placeid would have to be entered by the DJ in their listing admin.