Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: The De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, Holborn, London

Question The De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, Holborn, London

Hi.

I've got to quote for a dinner dance here for summer 2020.
    Does anyone here have any information about unloading, parking and setting up etc?
    Does it have a sound limiter or will I need to bring subs?
    I'm travelling from Sussex and I'm aware of the congestion charges.

https://www.devere.co.uk/grand-connaught-rooms/

Thank you.

Chris

Hello Chris. Well I think that's possibly a record for the biggest interval between joining, and making your first post.
    Anyway, good to have you here. If the urge to say hello in Newbies comes over you, don't fight it.

Re your question, all the people who I can think of who would be likely to have the knowledge you need aren't seen here much now. I will see if I can nudge one of them, but technically, you might be quoting against two of them, so that's a tad delicate Good luck.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hello Chris. Well I think that's possibly a record for the biggest interval between joining, and making your first post.
    Anyway, good to have you here. If the urge to say hello in Newbies comes over you, don't fight it.

Re your question, all the people who I can think of who would be likely to have the knowledge you need aren't seen here much now. I will see if I can nudge one of them, but technically, you might be quoting against two of them, so that's a tad delicate Good luck.
    I thought I had posted before (a few years ago), sorry. I used to use a DJ forum quite a bit in the past and thought this was it.

I did the same event last year at a venue in Surrey and I'm friends with a lot of guests so all I'm trying not to do is under or over quote to cover the extra for central London.

As someone who lives in relatively close distance to central London, I won't go anywhere near central London. It's really not worth the faff, and I'd be wanting big bucks to even make it worthwhile.

At most hotels, access is a nightmare, and parking can be expensive and a distance away from the venue.

So really, it's about whether it's actually worth you doing, especially with the extended travel time (and I assume you're au fait with travelling in central London and how long it takes to actually get to and through the centre?)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ CTi View Post
    I used to use a DJ forum quite a bit in the past and thought this was it.
    There are other DJ Forums? Blimey. Only kidding, it does happen. This is only showing as your second post, which is what I'm going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    At most hotels, access is a nightmare, and parking can be expensive and a distance away from the venue.
    And not just London! I've had fun in various conurbations, large and small. Bridlington and Scarborough, although not comparable to London, are
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk