Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DENON !!

Default DENON !!

What is going on!!
    New Products coming out left right & Centre
    Good to see new developments in the Market

Still no replacement for the mc6000 though. That's what I really want to see. I couldn't care less about standalone units or not very portable media players with platters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Still no replacement for the mc6000 though. That's what I really want to see. I couldn't care less about standalone units or not very portable media players with platters.
    Agreed - I don't see these all-in-one units lasting.

There's additional cost in developing the software. Why create new software when the likes of Virtual DJ, Traktor and Serato have spent years refining their software and creating a user base. There's no way I'm throwing away all my history in my software, like my crates, to move to something new, and actually has less features than the software I currently use!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Not very portable? Blimey, there's even a battery powered one, how much more portable do you want? ( Although from what I read, a big cut in price would be the top answer ).
    Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Agreed - I don't see these all-in-one units lasting.

There's additional cost in developing the software. Why create new software when the likes of Virtual DJ, Traktor and Serato have spent years refining their software and creating a user base. There's no way I'm throwing away all my history in my software, like my crates, to move to something new, and actually has less features than the software I currently use!
    Luddites! I'm surrounded by Luddites! Come on lads, in many ways, there was no need to abandon vinyl, but we embraced new technology with CDs and Minidisc, and then along came Laptops/MP3 players for the biggest change of all. This is merely a natural progression.

Of course, I could simply have engaged Devil's Advocate mode, and my true belief may be that it's just a new bandwagon to jump on.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Default The future!

I love the 6000 ( I have 2) but Denon is moving on as are most manufacturers,
    I had an 8000 and it really didn't do it for me,
    The new Prime 4 seems to have a lot of good points and we can only wait to see what the reliability will be
    All new stuff is expensive with the base unit at £1000 then up.
    The new SC6000 media player is amazing but doesn't have everything for everybody.
    Denon are making waves and for the most part the products look good.

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    The new SC6000 media player is amazing but doesn't have everything for everybody.
    And this is the thing. I don't think it's possible to make one machine for everybody. In the old days, it was very simple, two turntables in box, and an aux input, and/or even built in tape deck, was as far as technology could go. Now we're in Digital territory, we've got the choices Laptop or Standalone player, two channel or four channel mixer, different indexing systems ( Rekordbox etc ) and things an old duffer like me can't comprehend.

Thus exists the two edged sword. Where there's so much choice and customisation, there's no " one size fits all ". Hopefully though, here should be the opportunity to find the machine that exactly suits you. I'm not naming names, but I do know one fairly venerable DJ who uses an old laptop system that is not regarded as " industry standard" ( although it suits him perfectly, and does in fact have many very useful bells and whistles the others don't ) who having had a play with a Prime 4 for less than an hour, seriously considered acquiring one, as it seemed so intuitive to him. Food for thought.

And having goaded folk with the somewhat disparaging term " Luddite ", I can reveal that as soon as one of my go ahead colleagues has finally made sense of his new toys, I shall be following custom, and acquiring his obsolete cast offs! While I welcome some changes, in other ways it's always " steady as she goes"!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

For me, the Rowland 707m is the best replacement for the 6000mk2

https://www.whybuynew.co.uk/dj-equip...xoCX0YQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by Excalibur; 16-01-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Removed duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    For me, the Rowland 707m is the best replacement for the 6000mk2

https://www.whybuynew.co.uk/dj-equip...xoCX0YQAvD_BwE
    Nice Mixer, but a separate power supply and the general feel of it put me off.
    What we need is a cross between the Denon X500 (probably the best mixer ever) and the Denon HC4500.

Time to get my soldering iron out

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur;
    And having goaded folk with the somewhat disparaging term " Luddite ", I can reveal that as soon as one of my go ahead colleagues has finally made sense of his new toys, I shall be following custom, and acquiring his obsolete cast offs! While I welcome some changes, in other ways it's always " steady as she goes"!
    Digital connections sorted, and half way through the manual for the mixer!
    Last edited by Excalibur; 16-01-2020 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Removed duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Come on lads, in many ways, there was no need to abandon vinyl, but we embraced new technology with CDs and Minidisc, and then along came Laptops/MP3 players for the biggest change of all. This is merely a natural progression.
    Change should be for the better.

When we moved from Vinyl to CD, we moved to a smaller, more compact, and higher quality sounding audio (and one that could be cued up in seconds).

When we moved from CD to Laptop, we had a system where we could easily pre-programme playlists, could search and load a track within seconds, and could even leave the laptop to automix songs during a period where we need to leave it unattended.

But I can't see what the actual benefit is of the Prime series. Features are lost compared to a laptop controlled system. What is the actual, tangible 'benefit'? What's the progression? This feels a somewhat backward step, which I why I don't see it as the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Change should be for the better.

When we moved from Vinyl to CD, we moved to a smaller, more compact, and higher quality sounding audio (and one that could be cued up in seconds).

When we moved from CD to Laptop, we had a system where we could easily pre-programme playlists, could search and load a track within seconds, and could even leave the laptop to automix songs during a period where we need to leave it unattended.

But I can't see what the actual benefit is of the Prime series. Features are lost compared to a laptop controlled system. What is the actual, tangible 'benefit'? What's the progression? This feels a somewhat backward step, which I why I don't see it as the future.
    The benefit is you no longer need a pc, you can do everything straight from the unit. The Prime can handle large music collections, plus the ability to connect to the internet (where available) and download straight to your machine.
    I think the Prime PC software still needs work but improvements have already been made and you really don't have to use it.
    The Prime 4 is not for me, but it has most of the features you need and seems to have a lot of helpful videos on it.