Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Studio Ninja

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Default Studio Ninja

I've been introduced to a service by a photographer friend of mine that has shaved a considerable number of admin hours. For the price I'm paying every year for both my DJ & Photography brands, it really is a game changer.

As you'll see, it is a service aimed towards photographers but I have found no issues as a DJ using it. From the client point of view, there is only one thing that may suggest to them that it's a photography portal and that is the day of the event is referred to as a 'Shoot Day'. Saying that, I have guinea pigged seven of my friends creating fake events to test out the system and get feedback from them (all very positive on how easy it is) and none of them clocked that bit. I've also had no feedback from genuine clients wondering what a Shoot Day is.

Best of all, after you do the initial legwork, you can do everything you need from the SN app - send contracts and invoices...full shebang. It is well worth the punt.

My frustration with the DJ apps is that they have fallen behind a bit.

DJEP has some excellent features, and works wonders for me. But its user interface is ugly, confusing and can be very slow to get things set up. And the admin portal for clients isn't quite as slick as I'd like it to look. That app looks exactly how I would like DJEP to look!

https://vibodj.com/ came close for the DJ world - and whilst the client side is excellent, it misses much of the backend useful for running the business.

Something like you've added above for the admin side, with Vibo for the client planning side would make a good mix...

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Something like you've added above for the admin side, with Vibo for the client planning side would make a good mix...
    Hmmmm.....maybe it's time I dusted off my coding tools and looked at doing something

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Bringing this one up again, but just to add to how awesome this is and how it has made my life so much easier:

I have it set up that if a client is yet to book after sending them the details, Studio Ninja automatically sends a chase up 10 days later. Today, what happened was:

8:00am: Oi! You bookin' or what? (may have been worded slightly better).
    8:07am: Sorry, yes! We'd love to book! I'll just go and accept the quote now.
    8:09am: Quote accepted.
    8:13am: Contract signed.
    8:15am: Questionnaire filled out (address, contact details etc.).
    8:22am: Deposit paid.

I woke up just after midday.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Bringing this one up again, but just to add to how awesome this is and how it has made my life so much easier:

I have it set up that if a client is yet to book after sending them the details, Studio Ninja automatically sends a chase up 10 days later. Today, what happened was:

MDJM that I use(d) can do this too, but it needs a wordpress host and is a steaming bug-ridden piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post

DJEP does this really well too.

My clients receive about a total of 10 emails from me that come from DJEP - most need little input from me, yet they tell me how much they love how often I stayed in contact with them.

I've stopped using a lot of automated services as found I was sometimes missing bits of information. I find canned responses on Gmail, linked to a spreadsheet and maybe 5 minutes a day does the job.

If you do a lot of bookings I can really see the benefits of automation though
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk