Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Brightside - Jacques Lu Cont's ThinWhiteDuke remix

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I know that art is art and folk will like different thing but come on. Seriously? That remix is the absolute drizzling shots*.

The concept intrigued me. Then I heard it and felt the last bit of optimism in my life just float away.
    Well, Don't Stop Believin' does that to me sometimes too. It's so pedestrian & it's now firmly in the 'generic wedding disco music' camp with the lifeblood sapping (so bad, so bad) Sweeeeeeeeeeeet la la la....

FYI when I said I was impressed it was more because unlike zillions of bootleg mixes out there it's a very good key match.

Talking about “generic wedding music” I was amused by a gig the other day. 60th birthday. Daughter said last number MUST be Hey Jude. With 7 minutes to go I duly started The Beatles only for same daughters to rush up to the booth and ask for “something more uptempo”!
    Having thought I had no more choices to make I hurriedly brought in Come on Eileen which they loved and then took us up to the hard stop time with New York, New York.

To my amazement they thought this was a brilliantly original finale !!!!

Not all punters are as jaded as we are.

Felt deeply ashamed for accepting accolade for originality

Quote Originally Posted by cloudswiper View Post
    Talking about “generic wedding music” I was amused by a gig the other day. 60th birthday. Daughter said last number MUST be Hey Jude. With 7 minutes to go I duly started The Beatles only for same daughters to rush up to the booth and ask for “something more uptempo”!
    Having thought I had no more choices to make I hurriedly brought in Come on Eileen which they loved and then took us up to the hard stop time with New York, New York.

To my amazement they thought this was a brilliantly original finale !!!!

Not all punters are as jaded as we are.

Felt deeply ashamed for accepting accolade for originality

Jaded,. MOI?!

ok, you got me!

Every time I've been asked to end on Hey Jude it's defied all logic & went down an absolute storm. Then again, so has New York New York. Like 70s haircuts... So uncool for the longest time... Now becoming cool again apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Jaded,. MOI?!

ok, you got me!

Every time I've been asked to end on Hey Jude it's defied all logic & went down an absolute storm.
    I would have to basically agree with that. On occasion, they have all sat down to it, on the dancefloor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Then again, so has New York New York. Like 70s haircuts... So uncool for the longest time... Now becoming cool again apparently
    There are guests who regard it as the obligatory end to any given function. Set in stone. Mandatory.
    There are DJ's who want to slash their wrists at this thought.
    Takes all kinds to make a world, me I'm just happy to see whatever I play as the closer get a good reaction.

PS. As to haircuts, just watch it Justin. The follically challenged among us can be a tad touchy at times.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I would have to basically agree with that. On occasion, they have all sat down to it, on the dancefloor.

There are guests who regard it as the obligatory end to any given function. Set in stone. Mandatory.
    There are DJ's who want to slash their wrists at this thought.
    Takes all kinds to make a world, me I'm just happy to see whatever I play as the closer get a good reaction.

PS. As to haircuts, just watch it Justin. The follically challenged among us can be a tad touchy at times.
    I wouldn't necessarily be in the wrist slashing camp - unless it failed of course

The reference to 70s hair cuts was more about it looking like footballer 'do's' are coming back - i.e. a lack of hair being cut. Has Lewis Capaldi seen a barber recently?.....