Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Research

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I feel like that there is something that you are trying to convey in your post, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
    Hahahah yes I think I've over done it on that front! Don't worry though I won't be giving myself any sneaky unashamed plugs
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS

Some good posts on this thread. I think I'll just have a squint at the aforementioned radio station playlists rather tune in as much. I can then pick out a few and listen without all the ads and and jingles!

Excalibur I'm surprised to hear how popular that Cha Cha Slide still is. I really thought it would have died down by now. I'm already scarred from playing it nearly every event for a few years after it's release but never though it would still be such a 'draw' and thought another party song would have at least superseded it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Although my work is slightly more varied, I too am finding that as a lot of modern music isn't as dancefloor friendly as say the 90's dance a lot of us are being asked for now, I can often go a long period of time without playing any hip and happening tunes, even though I may have a lot of them through subscription sites.

Knowledge is power.

Heresy! Burn him! Pass me my pitchfork!

OK, levity over. Shades of Rex Bob Lowenstein here, sadly. Gavin has a valid point of course, lowest common denominator. Give the people what they want. The Sun isn't a great work of literature, but it sells millions of copies every morning. Cha Cha Slide isn't Beethoven's Fifth, but it's being played at many more gigs on a Saturday night.
    And of course, there will be the backlash, of brides asking DJ's to play " anything except the normal wedding songs", cos they're sick of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I am the same and admit all I do really is download the charts from DMC every couple of months which covers most eventualities. Working regularly helps me keep up to date with what is needed - downloading on the fly is invaluable - together with taking song requests before the weddings.

Even then, half the songs I download in the charts I rarely use.
    I've still been pondering about which dj service or record pool to subscribe to. Are there any caveats to joining DMC such as needing to be actively dj'ing because I haven't as yet got back to taking bookings. (I'm still rebuilding things and practising on my home setup).