Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    And that even applies to people wanting to book with the venue - they won't be able to (unless they've left one member of staff on to manage those enquiries). A friend of mine is getting married next year and the venue furloughed all of the staff the day before they were due to receive the contract and pay the deposit. So they now have a reserved date, but can't actually sign the contract and pay the deposit until they are back at work again!
    Now perhaps I'm looking at this with an over simplified logic, but surely, if you're running a business of this nature, there's got to be a phone number or email belonging to someone who can act as " Night Watchman", hasn't there?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now perhaps I'm looking at this with an over simplified logic, but surely, if you're running a business of this nature, there's got to be a phone number or email belonging to someone who can act as " Night Watchman", hasn't there?
    The difficulty is you can't part-furlough someone.

So you either rertain them on their salary, or furlough them.

For a venue with no revenue coming in, every penny will count right now. As a venue can't do any viewings, it's unlikely they'll get any new enquiries they can turn in to a booking right now, so everything is just on 'pause' at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    For a venue with no revenue coming in, every penny will count right now. As a venue can't do any viewings, it's unlikely they'll get any new enquiries they can turn in to a booking right now, so everything is just on 'pause' at the moment.
    While I suspect you're right, I find this incredibly frustrating. Despite the uncertainty, couples are still using this time to plan for 2021 and 2022. If venues and registrars close their doors to new bookings it shuts down the pipeline of work for all of the related industries as couples can't confirm dates/venues.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    If venues and registrars close their doors to new bookings
    And it's likely that registrars not even discussing anything wedding related at the moment is the reason why venues have closed fully. If you can't even confirm a date with the registrar, then you won't be booking your venue. And you're right, sadly, that has a knock on effect.

Deposits will be hard to get at the moment - which can be cashflow lifeline. Sadly, the implications of this are going to be far stretching.

I believe I might have just secured a booking in these troubled times, and I don't even have to leave the house to do it!

It's an old friend who wants something for her daughters birthday in May (yes, I know we won't be back by then, but here's the good bit)....
    She's got a Zoom account with 100 connections - we're talking virtual birthday parties here

I need to look into the technicalities of streaming from the kit straight into Zoom first, especially after the complications I had with tonight's live stream, and even then I'm likely to do this first one as a freebie (or at least just the cost of a decent bottle of red).

Could this be the future for now?

Denmark could be an indicator of what is ahead for us.

Worth nothing that they started the lockdown quicker than us, so it looks like they will be able to lift restrictions sooner than us:

"Denmark will reopen day cares and schools for children in first to fifth grade starting 15 April if the numbers of coronavirus cases and deaths remain stable, the country’s prime minister has said.

Other restrictions will remain in place until at least 10 May and the ban on big gatherings will stay until August."

Big gatherings being the relevant term for 'weddings'.

Don't be tempted to throw a private party this weekend Especially not one "with a DJ, bouncy castle and Fireworks"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-52221688
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Don't be tempted to throw a private party this weekend Especially not one "with a DJ, bouncy castle and Fireworks"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-52221688
    You can't quarantine stupid

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Had an enquiry today from a couple who've had their date moved due to the coronavirus.

From June 2020 to August 2020.

I'm not sure what surprises me more: the fact that the venue are willing to move a wedding from June to August, or the irresponsibility of doing so. They'll only have to postpone it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Had an enquiry today from a couple who've had their date moved due to the coronavirus.

From June 2020 to August 2020.

I'm not sure what surprises me more: the fact that the venue are willing to move a wedding from June to August, or the irresponsibility of doing so. They'll only have to postpone it again...
    Problem is, a venue cannot say no otherwise they are then liable for refunds, including any deposits.

It is the same reason why venues will not (or should not) contact people to make arrangements to postpone.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk