Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Funny you should say that. Contemplating my second GO, and adding suitable mics.
    I've done all outside ceremonies with 1 x speaker - it has been more than adequate.

I highly recommend the Rode wireless lapel microphones - the new Go range from them are small and discrete too.

I bought the filmmaker kit, because the Go didn't exist back then.

1 is adequate - for the registrar/celebrant. If you have 2 then one can go on the Groom, which picks up the bride too.

I think this made the ceremony so much more enjoyable for the guests:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EZeDXWV4j8R4stCG9

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    A local hotel (part of a large chain) is actively booking Proms for early Sept (with DJ and Photobooth)
    I have one venue rearranged 8 Prom Nights which are due to take place BEFORE schools return - so those going to uni/college are not away from home. Don't think there is a cat in hells chance personally, BUT even the schools think it will be ok. Hoping they know more than us, but still can't see it personally
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Get your Maui 5 Go and wireless lapel mics now...
    Ironically, I've just been talking to a dealer about that very item.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I highly recommend the Rode wireless lapel microphones - the new Go range from them are small and discrete too.

1 is adequate - for the registrar/celebrant. If you have 2 then one can go on the Groom, which picks up the bride too.
    I was very impressed with these mics, I've never seen them before. One question springs to mind though, do you use these with the inbuilt mics, or do you use them with a seperate mic (with a lead), so as to be able to make them less noticeable?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

I've done all outside ceremonies with 1 x speaker - it has been more than adequate.
    Wash your mouth out with soap!! Actually, I wouldn't dispute that one unit is more than capable, and in fact I've made a lot of noise with just one at a disco. BUT: Symetry with one is tricky. Ever since I got mine last year, I've been aiming to get its twin ( or at the very least, a white mains powered 5 ).
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I was very impressed with these mics, I've never seen them before. One question springs to mind though, do you use these with the inbuilt mics, or do you use them with a seperate mic (with a lead), so as to be able to make them less noticeable?
    Ah, good point - I've been using the more expensive RØDELink Filmmaker Kit which has a lavalier mic so the belt pack sits either on the belt or in a pocket, discretely hidden away.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Wash your mouth out with soap!! Actually, I wouldn't dispute that one unit is more than capable, and in fact I've made a lot of noise with just one at a disco. BUT: Symetry with one is tricky. Ever since I got mine last year, I've been aiming to get its twin ( or at the very least, a white mains powered 5 ).
    Symetry? Not really needed outside - check my video, you have to work hard to find the speaker in the first place! Most of the time, the speaker is kept to the side anyway, so out of view.

Here's another one - again it doesn't stand out. In reality it would have been a lot of work and a lot of extra cabling to add in a second 'symetrical' speaker. For ceremonies, you're adding more work for yourself for no reward. I don't think I'll need to say this one twice: save your money

Name:  IMG_20170819_115446.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  104.3 KB

Symetry? Not really needed outside - check my video, you have to work hard to find the speaker in the first place! Most of the time, the speaker is kept to the side anyway, so out of view.
    Ahem. At what point did I use the word " outside"? I have a couple of venues where the look and portability of the White 5s would be perfect for the evening function.
    To be fair, I didn't make myself clear at all, so for that I apologise.
    My need for symetry is confined solely to the " formal" evening setup. Outside, as you rightly point out, discretion is the better part of making a noise.

Here's another one - again it doesn't stand out. In reality it would have been a lot of work and a lot of extra cabling to add in a second 'symetrical' speaker. For ceremonies, you're adding more work for yourself for no reward. I don't think I'll need to say this one twice: save your money
    I've not tried it, but I don't think you can bluetooth two speakers from one source. Shame. You can however slave one GO from another with merely one signal cable. That's the main reason why I let my 5s go, in favour of 11s, to get the slave facility. Why the mains powered 5 is the only unit without that facility still baffles and irks me.

PS. Too damn right I'll have to save some money, with microphones at £200+!

Got to admit - for ceremonies the Maui 5 Go is the weapon of choice over here (although must look at those Mic's you're on about Gavin....never got round to buying them the last time you pointed them out to me).
    I only ever use one for ceremonies and it more than punches above it's weight for this. Plus, it's virtually invisible

In fact, my entire ceremony system now consists of:

* Maui 5 Go
    * Wireless lav mics (rarely used - for some reason the grooms over here tend to shy away from using them)
    * iPad running an app called "Go Button" which controls the music side of things.

All I need are a few ceremonies and I'm back in the game

Name:  Ceremony2.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  Ceremony1.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  91.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    * iPad running an app called "Go Button" which controls the music side of things.
    I *really* wish there was an Android version of this app.

I *really* wish there was a Microsoft version of this app.

Sorry Gavin, couldn't resist it. I'm well known as a M$ user, who hates being forced to go Android, and is currently resisting the inexorable move to Apple products. ( Currently. Never say never. Lucifer is thumbing through Yellow Pages for good heating engineers, just in case).

There are plenty of workable programmes for my Surface, granted they could perhaps be better, but I'm managing just fine.

So far.