Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Aaaaand there goes my remaining July wedding (cancelled completely for now), and potentially my August wedding who the venue are now saying could go ahead on a date in October.

But then the way things are going with different things being unlocked so quickly, we could be back next week....who knows anymore
    Nope - the one potentially looking to move from August to October has now seen the light and moved to next April

See you all next March (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Hotels with regiments of staff, and strict policies are going to be the very last venues to start trading again in the way we're used to. (
    Especially when they are still closed and you can't get hold of anyone there to talk to.

I'm not anticipating my gear leaving the store until Christmas if I'm lucky.

Mind you, looking at the diary, I have a school prom booked there on Thursday that technically still exists as it has never been cancelled (or anything) and in two weeks time, I have a Fri/Sat double header for the Royal Navy Retired Boxing Society that is also still officially going ahead. Neither the venue (through whom the booking was made) or their client (with whom I have discussed some of their requirements) have been in touch to advise whether its on or off.

I might just turn up and bill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Nope - the one potentially looking to move from August to October has now seen the light and moved to next April

See you all next March (hopefully)
    This is what I keep saying - and others disagree with - is that if you are in the wedding industry, realistically once it is announced they can go ahead, we still have at least a 3 month wait - around the same time we have had since lockdown began.

Couples are postponing at least 3 months ahead, so as soon as weddings can go ahead, the first 3 months our weddings will already have been postponed.

I am guessing wedding restrictions will be lifted in September, which wipes out the year for us.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I am guessing wedding restrictions will be lifted in September, which wipes out the year for us.
    I wish I could feel that optimistic. My thinking is that it's going to be after the seasonal flu season. What we do is a massive spreader of aerosol droplets and close contact (singing, hugging, cheering.....or it is on my dance floor anyway). Whilst there's a chance of the NHS being overrun again, we (and other mass gatherings) aren't going to be allowed.

And bear in mind no matter what statistics the boffins are throwing about and putting into Excel, we're still one of the worst hit countries in the world with this thing.

The next "review" is I believe, supposed to be on 21st July (three weeks after the latest round of unlocking). It'll be interesting to see what, if any effect opening the boozers has on things.

As studies are conducted to understand exactly where we're at, this study does not paint a positive picture for the future:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...eland/12427440

Results from the final stage of a nationwide antibody study have shown some 5 per cent of Spain's population has been exposed to the new coronavirus
    It also suggested that immunity to the virus can be short-lived, with 14 per cent of participants who tested positive for antibodies in the first stage subsequently testing negative in the last stage.
    This suggest we have a very long journey ahead, and vaccination is now even more important.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

My money has always been on September.

Quote Originally Posted by East Anglian Discos View Post
    My money has always been on September.
    I'll go for next Easter.
    Although seeing today's headlines....it might be longer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53315702

A local hotel (part of a large chain) is actively booking Proms for early Sept (with DJ and Photobooth) and I've just seen a bouncy castle booking come in for another local wedding venue for late July!! People are being very optimistic.

The other interesting little thing I've just seen is that the Government Covid guidance for Councils (as posted on MDJN this morning) says it's possible to hold events for over 30 people indoors or outdoors on council property, as long as the venue is Covid safe and an appropriate risk assessment has been performed and signed off to show that it will be possible to social distance at the event.

Apparently this is about trialing relaxed restrictions for events with a controlled group.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Get your Maui 5 Go and wireless lapel mics now...

I think there could be a booming future in outside ceremonies next year. And a mic for the registrar is essential for guests to hear the ceremony.

The ceremony is one area where it's hard to 'social distance', but it's far easier to achieve this outside, with chairs spread out further (most venues just don't have the space inside).

This could be a good upsell where most DJs don't offer this service.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    A local hotel (part of a large chain) is actively booking Proms for early Sept (with DJ and Photobooth) and I've just seen a bouncy castle booking come in for another local wedding venue for late July!! People are being very optimistic.
    Optimistic? Optimistic? Recently, a couple of lead generation sites were offering parties for around two hundred people, when the flat out limit was thirty, no ifs, no buts.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Get your Maui 5 Go and wireless lapel mics now...

I think there could be a booming future in outside ceremonies next year. And a mic for the registrar is essential for guests to hear the ceremony.

The ceremony is one area where it's hard to 'social distance', but it's far easier to achieve this outside, with chairs spread out further (most venues just don't have the space inside).

This could be a good upsell where most DJs don't offer this service.
    Funny you should say that. Contemplating my second GO, and adding suitable mics.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk