Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I've even heard of customers saying "but weddings weren't banned so we can still go ahead, right?". Erm, no pet. You can't. What's so hard to understand? Are the government going to have to list every possible activity they're disallowing? Apparently they are.
    I know this one only too well, as do a couple of other people I've spoken to. It becomes more difficult when said wedding is on private ground, or when venues are still brazenly adopting the attitude that the registrars are happy to do the service....therefore it's business as usual until you dictate it can't happen.

The only way round this is to outlaw ANY gathering of more than 2 people, just like Germany have.

* The shops are closing themselves (or being told to behind the scenes)
    * The tourist attractions are closing down (no more climbing Snowdon)
    * The town centres are getting quieter, and there's even less cars on the road.

The message is slowly getting across, but until dear Boris dictates that you MUST NOT SOCIALIZE, there will be a hard core of people that have "excuses" for being out and about, taking photos of empty supermarket shelves and the like.

I'm fairly lucky in that I live in a rural-ish village. There's plenty of places wifey and I can escape for a walk without seeing another soul and that's probably unlikely to change even on full lockdown (the entire village is well and truly enforcing the social distancing rules). The only real exposures we have to it at the moment are the fact that our son works in retail, and I have to occasionally go and get food to keep us alive.

Other than that, we're pretty much locked down already

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

What BoJo has been saying is as clear as day, but apparently still too complicated for the morons and stubborn folk of the world.

We want you to stay at home. We want you to stay at home because we cannot deal with this crap right now and the NHS is already too busy. We want to kick the can down the road to a time where the NHS is less busy so we can deal with this properly. No, I don't want to enforce Marshall Law because some of you getting the virus is actually a good thing, as it will lessen the numbers that need treatment when we do decide to open the floodgates and it will also go a tiny way to the herd immunity. That doesn't mean continue with going to car parks at night and flashing your lights at other suspiciously parked cars in the area. Do a weekly shop, go to work then stay home. If you decide to continue playing kiss chase in the park, I'm going to have to lock you guys up which will pee you off and guess what? That's just going to prolong this process.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    What BoJo has been saying is as clear as day, but apparently still too complicated for the morons and stubborn folk of the world.

We want you to stay at home. We want you to stay at home because we cannot deal with this crap right now and the NHS is already too busy. We want to kick the can down the road to a time where the NHS is less busy so we can deal with this properly. No, I don't want to enforce Marshall Law because some of you getting the virus is actually a good thing, as it will lessen the numbers that need treatment when we do decide to open the floodgates and it will also go a tiny way to the herd immunity. That doesn't mean continue with going to car parks at night and flashing your lights at other suspiciously parked cars in the area. Do a weekly shop, go to work then stay home. If you decide to continue playing kiss chase in the park, I'm going to have to lock you guys up which will pee you off and guess what? That's just going to prolong this process.
    I'll post an image from a local venue in the supporter's section - purely for privacy reasons

So McDonalds is closing its doors tonight.

I kid you not, there is a queue round the entire car park trying to get through my local McDonalds. I could not believe it. Normally there's no more than 1 or 2 cars going through at a time. There must have been over 100 cars trying to get through. It was as if it was their last meal they'll ever get.

However, it benefited me, as I needed to go to M&S (have been trying to get my hands on some pasta for a couple of weeks and I'm clean out), and the cashier said that they have been dead all day because the queue for McDonalds has put people coming in (as its blocked the entire car park). And it meant I could get some pasta. Every cloud!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Every cloud!
    Indeed

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Well then...that post didn't age well, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

I'm fairly lucky in that I live in a rural-ish village.
    Compared to me, you inhabit a thriving metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post

We want you to stay at home.
    Nope, still not getting it. Unless of course it only applies to other people*?

* The definition of " other people" could be problematical, I can see.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Well that's that then.

Looking forward to a mad inbox over the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Well that's that then.

Looking forward to a mad inbox over the next week or so.
    At least it's black and white now for the venues that are flouting the rules

* No weddings
    * No gatherings of more than two people

Sadly, it's what a lot of the idiots in this country needed to be told. Now let's hope they get the message, do what they've been told and get this thing over and done with

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    At least it's black and white now for the venues that are flouting the rules

* No weddings
    * No gatherings of more than two people

Sadly, it's what a lot of the idiots in this country needed to be told. Now let's hope they get the message, do what they've been told and get this thing over and done with
    As much as it pains me to do this:

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk