Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    But at least there are groups within the wedding side of the industry doing something to talk to those in power.
    It was the same with pubs, gyms, restaurants, cinemas, theatres.....

Which begs the question - where are NADJ and why aren't they at least looking for constructive ways to allow a phased/sensible comeback?
    Very few in the wedding industry seem to want to do anything to help for some strange reason. I have tried to get a little support locally, I have been in local newspaper, radio, wrote to MPs - but maybe only have a dozen other suppliers supporting or trying to campaign themselves.

One thing, at least the free publicity has helped business, just hope we can return to provide that business.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Some interesting announcements today from Bojo and the subsequent social media craze of having access to the exact same info but coming up with wildly different interpretations. As is the norm, there will be some sort of follow up in the next few days, but the highlights that I think will directly affect us from 1st August are:

- Enable the restart of indoor performances to a live audience, in line with COVID-19 Secure guidelines, subject to the success of pilots that are taking place as soon as possible.

- Carry out pilots in venues with a range of sizes of crowds, particularly where congregating from different places, including sports stadia and business events. The pilots, some of which will begin in late July, will be carefully monitored and evaluated to inform future decisions on any further relaxation of the rules. If plans progress in line with expectations, pilots will expand to build up to and prepare for a full, socially distanced return in the autumn.

- Enable wedding receptions; sit-down meals for no more than 30 people, subject to COVID-19 Secure guidelines. Over time, we will assess whether gatherings of this type for other purposes can be made possible and when larger wedding receptions can take place.

The specific number of 30 is an odd one, as I would dare say that a 500 capacity wedding venue would be more Covid-19 secure with a guest list of 200 as opposed to 30 people squeezed into a pub function room, but the illogical aspects of this whole ordeal is certainly keeping things interesting.

I immediately got messaged to ask about the return of non-wedding parties (and kids parties).

At the moment there is one line in the overall guidance that prevents them: 'you should not hold celebrations or parties'. It's going to be interesting to see what that line changes to (it changes at all).
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    The specific number of 30 is an odd one, as I would dare say that a 500 capacity wedding venue would be more Covid-19 secure with a guest list of 200 as opposed to 30 people squeezed into a pub function room, but the illogical aspects of this whole ordeal is certainly keeping things interesting.
    Let's face it folks, very few of the relaxations now are anything to do with preventing the spread and are aimed more at getting the economy going again.
    The Government are now going more and more against the medical professionals if the news is to be believed.

* Office workers to go back to their offices (because whilst they're at home they're not supporting coffee shops, cafes, sandwich shops and the like)
    * Public transport is suddenly safe to use again.
    * Shoppers to wear face masks which scientifically (apparently) have a very small benefit but will give customers "confidence" to go into shops again.

As for the pub example.....walked past my local tonight - the patio at the front is absolutely heaving with people and no sign whatsoever of anything like social distancing going on.

But the good news....it would appear that with the wind in the right direction, R not being >=1 and with no second spike that we might be out again just before Chrimbo (there's talk of social distancing being relaxed by then from radio reports I've heard today). I'm not prepared to bet on it and even if we are allowed out, I'm not certain I'll take on anything until it's been proven to be safe

...and in other news, my two remaining weddings for August (1st and 8th) have now, after weeks of trying to get hold of them, both checked in with 'oh, we rescheduled to 2021 and thought we told everyone'.

Nice to feel important isn't it?

One of my August weddings is going ahead with 30 guests, but the party has now been moved to Nov and changed to a joint 30th/60th. I feel for that one, she's had to change venue once (venue changed ownership before all this) and change her date twice now.

Now we've got some clarity, I've emailed all 5 of my bookings for Sept (one of those rescheduled from April) and asked them what they're doing.

Our locals are doing an average trade by the looks. Not heaving, but not empty.

My daughter technically finishes shielding on 1st August, so that means that she's no longer vulnerable as of week Tuesday(!) and we should be out and about more. Can't see that happening.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath

Hmmmm....my local primary have just got in touch and are looking to do a year 6 leavers event at the end of August on their school field...would I be interested in helping out?

Yes.....but.........(long list of current restrictions supplied which I'm sure they already know about). I don't actually know what they've got planned yet....surely not a full on party to background music whilst sitting and watching?

Hmmmm....my local primary have just got in touch and are looking to do a year 6 leavers event at the end of August on their school field...would I be interested in helping out?

Yes.....but.........(long list of current restrictions supplied which I'm sure they already know about). I don't actually know what they've got planned yet....surely not a full on party to background music whilst sitting and watching?
    Read the guidelines for Councils. They can actually do whatever they want on council property, up to any number of people, as long as the venue is Covid secure and the risk assessment has been completed.

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Read the guidelines for Councils. They can actually do whatever they want on council property, up to any number of people, as long as the venue is Covid secure and the risk assessment has been completed.

Julian
    I'll go find a copy. Meanwhile, I think they were just fishing for whether or not it was possible to do something.

It's normally a BBQ followed by an hour of sweat running down the hall windows whilst yours-truly rocks the rafters with the platters that matter. I can't see that happening in a Covid secure way sadly and don't think things like social distancing, not singing and not dancing will be an appealing option.

I'll go find a copy. Meanwhile, I think they were just fishing for whether or not it was possible to do something.

It's normally a BBQ followed by an hour of sweat running down the hall windows whilst yours-truly rocks the rafters with the platters that matter. I can't see that happening in a Covid secure way sadly and don't think things like social distancing, not singing and not dancing will be an appealing option.
    It's been changed to mirror the more general guidance. There is still the line in there about larger gatherings being allowed if they follow Covid19 guidelines (as there is in the general guidance), but there's now a couple of additional paragraphs that imply that they're really not keen on gatherings happening.

That all said, I've just heard from someone who did a yr6 leavers disco on Friday at a school. The kids sat in hula hoops placed 2m apart on the playground outside for the duration of the 1hr disco, called up one by one by name to collect leavers hoodies and BBQ food. Apparently there was a lot of effort put into risk assessments and planning and it was hard work finding activities to keep them engaged without leaving their own 60cm circle.

Julian

So I'll see you all next summer...

With a maximum reception allowed of up to 30 people until the end of September, I can see October increasing that number, but would be very surprised if dancing was permitted after that date.

And once in October, we start to touch flu season, where the experts are worried about a rise in infections again. And that will mean no further easing through the winter, taking us right back to Spring again.

Anyone want to buy a disco?!!