Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Chat

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I really don't know why they pass the responsibility of social distancing to the venue and failing to do so with result in license being revoked. Venue can put on weddings, but with "covid enforcement" in place. They state to clients if people don't adhere they'll close the wedding down early.
    Not the venue BUT the couple getting married !! People need to take responsibility, venues, suppliers etc can only do so much - a carefully selected guest list and possibility of repurcussions would put some people off, but not all.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Not the venue BUT the couple getting married !! People need to take responsibility, venues, suppliers etc can only do so much - a carefully selected guest list and possibility of repurcussions would put some people off, but not all.
    I agree, but it's never going to happen.
    There are just too many people out there at the moment who don't think any of the rules apply to them (see recent press reports of large weddings and read some of the bridal groups about how people are looking to "bend" the rules). People are even buying the sunflower lanyards as families so that they don't have to wear a mask now.

Sadly, until there's some sort of vaccine or at least an effective way of treating this thing, I think we're off the road.

Well both of my larger Christmas jobs have finally had to cancel, one a 4 figure amount and the other a 5 figure so significant hit to my income... It's almost been slightly amusing seeing how late people were prepared to leave before cancelling - I was supposed to be doing some exterior lighting this weekend (probably putting the kit in today) for a wedding and I couldn't see any way it would go ahead, and it finally got binned on Tuesday! But some people are thinking laterally, I'm lighting an art exhibition next week where they've worked out how they can safely and legally go ahead with just 6 people in the venue at a time, but in 10 x 1 hour slots per day for 4 days!

As for when they'll be any semblance of normality and freedom, well that's anyone's guess, although Benny appears to have access to a crystal ball with regard to when numbers may increase and what they'll be It's got to the stage that I'm now starting to consider investigating a more reliable income stream (ie getting a job!) as there's certainly no certainty as to when I'll be able to bring in some proper income. But I've got some ideas about diversifying what I offer, especially as I've now got a load of spare time and exterior kit freed up for Nov/Dec as I'd still much rather work for myself.

The venue are far more experienced in holding events and dealing with folks. They also have more to lose and so if they're taking on the "risk" then they'll be far more proactive in enforcing it. Naturally they'll have an agreement with the client that if they or any of their guests don't fall in line then they reserve the right to close down and send folks home.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Sadly, until there's some sort of vaccine or at least an effective way of treating this thing, I think we're off the road.
    Even that news is looking more pessimistic: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54371559

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Even that news is looking more pessimistic: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54371559
    I'd sussed that one out a while ago unfortunately, and my customers who moved to next year seem to be catching on as well.

I've now got 2021 couples moving to 2022, and I can't say as I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I'd sussed that one out a while ago unfortunately, and my customers who moved to next year seem to be catching on as well.

I've now got 2021 couples moving to 2022, and I can't say as I blame them.
    The way things are going, and even with WHO having a 5 year plan, got to wonder how many larger 2022 weddings will be able to go ahead.

Personally I think IF things ease next March, not a lot will change for us, maybe number increasing to 30. I can't see more than 50 until after summer 2021 and very much doubt there will be any increase on this until a (possible) vaccine has been fully distributed.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

and very much doubt there will be any increase on this until a (possible) vaccine has been fully distributed.
    Unfortunately, science, to date, has never been successful in developing a vaccine against any of the corona family of virus, it doesn't bode well for the future. Science however, has moved on exponentially in its capability over recent years, and hopefully a vaccine may be discovered in the foreseeable future that proves effective. BUT consider the virus has already mutated at least once, and probably twice. Will the vaccine currently being developed actually work long term, or will it be like the flu vaccine and need reformulating and taken yearly, with only a 40% - 60% effectiveness. I do hope not, but the future I fear could be far from looking rosey for any of us.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Maybe some positive news. I might not have to wait 5 years to restart my dj'ing afterall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-54375643

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?j...96a1&from=serp
    CP RIGARRAY MOBILE DISCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    Maybe some positive news. I might not have to wait 5 years to restart my dj'ing afterall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-54375643

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?j...96a1&from=serp
    But even if it were available in November, they're still saying around 10 months to vaccinate the entire population. Sadly that brings us to next September and there goes another wedding season