Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Facebook Live - how?

I did one last night. Was fun, regret polishing off a single malt and 2 bottles of wine right enough.

I put together a cooking video earlier in the week too 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    regret polishing off a single malt and 2 bottles of wine right enough.

I feel your pain Jim - a very nice Jura and a bottle of Rioja seem to have found their way into the recycling this morning. Wish I hadn't done it now

I did one on Friday at last.. just a tester but I had a lot of fun doing it. Frustrated with the poor quality of all my USB video cameras I did it with my phone & a DIY line to TRRS mic adapter. I only get mono audio but hey it's lovely quality.

Then last night after a few drinks...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/8L9sGmw1Nyi2VnXx5

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I did one last night. Was fun, regret polishing off a single malt and 2 bottles of wine right enough.

I put together a cooking video earlier in the week too 
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

I feel your pain Jim - a very nice Jura and a bottle of Rioja seem to have found their way into the recycling this morning. Wish I hadn't done it now
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. How often have I preached the evils of strong drink? ( Rhetorical question, by the way ). I'm currently having withdrawal symptoms at being banned from Lidl, by She Who Must Be Obeyed, and am restricted to whatever I can grab from the offers bin at the petrol station.

I'm delighted to say that I can strongly recommend Barefoot Malbec, not too hard on the wallet, and very easy on the palate. However, unlike you dipsomaniacs, I restrict myself to one glass per night*. Moderation in all things.

* I say " I restrict". Not strictly true.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    However, unlike you dipsomaniacs, I restrict myself to one glass per night*. Moderation in all things.

* I say " I restrict". Not strictly true.
    I've decided that if this thing's taking me out - I might as well be numb to it
    Now if I come out the other end of the Covid Wars I might well be looking for a new liver. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it

I've decided that if this thing's taking me out - I might as well be numb to it
    Now if I come out the other end of the Covid Wars I might well be looking for a new liver. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it
    Oh - I've done it again. A bottle of Soave and a LOT of single malt.

I'm really NOT going to survive this thing

I am finding the opposite. Entire consumption for last week..........3 cans of 1664!

I'm really NOT going to survive this thing
    Getting well off topic now, but my kids are binge watching the 80's/90's version of Home and Away. I may not survive the week

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I did my second ever live 'cast tonight. I got an audience of 50 or so viewers & some shares. Not bad considering it was just on the hoof.

Tonight was different to the first one - I brought Ethernet out to my garden & used a spare router to provide local wifi. My phone served as the main webcam, then my old c270 cam covered my controller. These went into Obs Studio, which ran on a second laptop, taking audio directly from a USB soundcard plugged into my controller.

I don't have a proper stand/holder for my phone but managed to lash this together.

Name:  IMG_20200417_013825.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  70.5 KB

Yes that's an in-car phone clamp gaffer taped to a mic stand

There was also a mains extension lead hanging from the stand, into which my phone's charger was plugged, SID style. I figured what the heck nobody was going to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    There was also a mains extension lead hanging from the stand, into which my phone's charger was plugged, SID style. I figured what the heck nobody was going to see it!
    That's the great thing about TV, the camera doesn't lie, but it only sees what you choose to show it

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography