Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Website help

Default Website help

Looking for some help with my website, upgrading and maintaining.

Post a link? Looks like the homepage from your profile (http://www.sapphiredisco.co.uk/) is down?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Post a link? Looks like the homepage from your profile (http://www.sapphiredisco.co.uk/) is down?
    Hi Marc

This one www.yateleyjewellers.co.uk

You're already using a CMS (Drupal) and although a fairly basic design it's mobile friendly. What issues do you have with the current site?

You're already using a CMS (Drupal) and although a fairly basic design it's mobile friendly. What issues do you have with the current site?
    I need help with uploading new products , I was hoping to find someone who could update the site give it a bit more of a cutting edge look and make sure it's all running properly , for an hourly rate is this feasible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    I need help with uploading new products , I was hoping to find someone who could update the site give it a bit more of a cutting edge look and make sure it's all running properly , for an hourly rate is this feasible ?
    Sounds like you want a complete redesign, then? Your current site probably isn't the best starting point if that's the case.

Sounds like you want a complete redesign, then? Your current site probably isn't the best starting point if that's the case.
    So it's not viable to work on current site to improve it ?

Can product be taken off and new items put on.

Can it be made into a secure site.

If so would that be very costly ?

Thanks

Products can be added and removed within minutes and making the site SSL secure is also a very straight forward task.

Changing the design would be where the time and money gets taken up.
    Nathan.

So it's not viable to work on current site to improve it ?
    Probably not, if it's a redesign you want. This is the part that'll cost you, as Nathan pointed out. It may involve a change to different ecommerce software. Look into things like WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, Prestashop etc. but look closely at the pros and cons of each.

Can product be taken off and new items put on.
    Probably very easy. It's using the Drupal CMS, so probably with an ecommerce plugin. There'll be an admin side login which will let you add / remove / edit products / sections etc. very easily. Whoever set it up should have shown you how to do this?

Can it be made into a secure site.
    Very easily. Ask the hosts. Either a cheap paid SSL certificate or free from https://letsencrypt.org/.

Ive just took a look and spotted it's a 'Web Nation' site, so why not just give Mike a call and ask him for the log in details so you can manage your own content, it's pretty straight forward to do it yourself. I seem to think there's an on-line tutorial on the Web Nation site, and in my experience he's always been happy to make changes to the sections that aren't accessible from the user interface free of charge.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire