Just to clarify to start with that I predominantly do lighting now and have got daft amounts of kit for one person. I've got lots of lights that are technically better than some of these, but as for favourites, read on...

No way can I remember all the fixtures I've had but the stand out favourite has to be Clay Paky Goldenscan HPEs. I'd been in awe of them for many years of clubbing and raving through the 90s, when I finally bought a set of 4 for spares/repair. Inevitably once I got them home and started going through them they were extremely knackered having had very hard lives, and I basically got 2 going but not 100% reliably so never actually used them on a gig.

As for lights I've actually owned and used(!), it might have to be the Martin Sweeper. Big investment for me at the time, and seemed so modern compared to anything else I had. Although of course I'll always have a soft spot for the 4 Martin Pro218 Mk2s I bought brand new in 1997, my first 'grown up' lights. I spent a night or 2 in hospital because of them, I basically gave myself temporary amnesia when I programmed some really weird effects into them at home! Oh, but then there were the Starlite Mk5s, massive heavy moving heads with 1200w discharge lamps, seriously loaded with effects and so close to being superb, but never reliable enough.

And for lights I currently own and use, I think my favourite just has to be the 1m mirror ball, always a joy to use and makes a real centrepiece to an event.

(Oh, and I've got 6 Synchrozaps sitting around if anyone wants any for nostalgia!)