Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Your Favourite Light Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by East Anglian Discos View Post
    Chauvet Wash FX is a fine light.
    Tis indeed. DMXing the bloody thing took hours though!

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Tis indeed. DMXing the bloody thing took hours though!
    Takes even longer when the ones you've been sold don't have the required channel configuration. Seven different controllers tried, and then we find out after a phone call that we've got old stock, which can't function in the desired way. Shades of KAM Mk1 and Mk2 units, where the cases are the same, but the internals are wildly different.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Chauvet Wash FX is a fine light.
    Just a huge shame it flickers on video when dimmed. i own a pair of the V2's which were badged as "flicker free" .....they aren't. If they were i'd probably buy another set at least as they are fantastic lights.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I've never been one for hoarding flashy shiny boxes but I loved my ADJ Jelly Domes.

Amazing how simple but great they could look with a bit of DMXing, I'd still be using them but one went on the blink and they appear to be discontinued.
    I cannot argue this point. Jellydomes were amazing, especially for the price.

I'm currently loving the Chauvet FX Par 9. When DMX'd, it is a very pretty light to look at.

My favourite was the Abstract Extreme XP 5 Pro. These were virtually the same as the Mad Powerflower but with slightly different colours & gobos. I think the XP 5 Pro was fairly rare compared to the popular Powerflower. Total room filler, but these were 14kg from memory! .
    I love the Extreme range, so much so I have a garage full of them. Just don't get used now as LED lights are so much more reliable! I did think about converting the XP to LED bought never made the leap

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    I love the Extreme range, so much so I have a garage full of them. Just don't get used now as LED lights are so much more reliable! I did think about converting the XP to LED bought never made the leap
    And worth next to nothing these days second hand. Almost have scrap value unless its the XP1 LED bars which are still sought after.