Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Post COVID - what's the future going to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Couldn't agree more actually (especially if like me you don't even have to THINK about work before you get there and after you clock off).
    I work from home so even the commute to and from work is something I don't even have to think about
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I work from home so even the commute to and from work is something I don't even have to think about
    Thanks to a little part promotion I've got at work, I can WFH certain days.

I'm at home today, the sun is shinning, Mrs JBJ has just fed me, there's beer in the fridge, the famous Glasgow Rangers are playing in Europe at 4pm and I've just finished all of the work I had in front of me.

And I have to go in to the school for a collegiate meeting 4 to 5

Me too. Normally, a 5 mile trip to the office could take anything up to 45 minutes. Now I can walk to work, coffee in hand and be logging on 10 minutes after rolling out of bed!

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Me too. Normally, a 5 mile trip to the office could take anything up to 45 minutes. Now I can walk to work, coffee in hand and be logging on 10 minutes after rolling out of bed!
    I love that part of having a job at the moment I must admit. Last filled my van up with diesel what seems like years ago haha.
    If only the £££ was there I would be so content

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    I think there will be a vaccine by early next year and by summer 2021 we'll be back to normal.
    POST 102
    And I was mocked, well maybe we won't fully back to normal by the summer but there will be light at the end of the tunnel
    Last edited by Sapphire Disco; 10-11-2020 at 02:41 PM. Reason: add date

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    POST 102
    And I was mocked, well maybe we won't fully back to normal by the summer but there will be light at the end of the tunnel
    I wouldn't say mocked, I merely was sceptical of the timescale. You were correct in that respect, and yes indeed there is light at the end of the tunnel. However, as everything else has dragged so much, I don't foresee a return to normal being rapid or imminent. I'd say late summer for being able to work for say a hundred people. Hope I'm wrong.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I wouldn't say mocked, I merely was sceptical of the timescale. You were correct in that respect, and yes indeed there is light at the end of the tunnel. However, as everything else has dragged so much, I don't foresee a return to normal being rapid or imminent. I'd say late summer for being able to work for say a hundred people. Hope I'm wrong.
    My money is on 50 people for beginning July onwards with any increase a LONG time away. Can't help but think of Scotlands Tier 0 still only allowing 50 people

Copied from the BBC website: The UK’s independent advisory committee on immunisation has drafted a provisional priority list. At the top are elderly people living in care homes, along with the staff who look after them.
    Next are people aged 80 and over, along with other health and social care workers. People over 65 or with underlying health conditions will then follow.
    The ranking then moves down the age brackets to eventually include everyone over the age of 50 as more stock becomes available. Experts are unsure how long immunity might last against the virus – they suspect it will wane over months, meaning a Covid vaccine could become an annual event, a bit like the flu shot.

There seem to be many potential problems in the pipeline especially for the under 50s in the availability/distribution of the vaccine when/if it is approved. Weddings could well be adversely affected since most are generally in the domain of. the younger groups. It's not going to be back to normal by the summer of 2021 by any stretch of the imagination, I wouldn't get too excited just yet, but I hope I'm just being an old pessimist.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

My money is on 50 people for beginning July onwards with any increase a LONG time away. Can't help but think of Scotlands Tier 0 still only allowing 50 people

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'd say late summer for being able to work for say a hundred people.
    I really wish I shared your optimism gentlemen.

The vaccine(s) are good news (oh boy did I cheer when they made the announcement....even more so when I realised that by the time they get to my age group I'll qualify to get it). BUT, it's apparently not going to be available to the under 50s. How many weddings do we do for the over 50s?

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Weddings could well be adversely affected since most are generally in the domain of. the younger groups. It's not going to be back to normal by the summer of 2021 by any stretch of the imagination, I wouldn't get too excited just yet, but I hope I'm just being an old pessimist.

Sadly you are not alone in your pessimism. It's going to take time to get the vaccine approved if it's safe to use, it's going to take time to vaccinate however million people are entitled to it, it's going to take time to see if the immunity lasts and the spread stops.

I'm not expecting big things for 2021 if I'm honest

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    It's going to take time to get the vaccine approved if it's safe to use, it's going to take time to vaccinate however million people are entitled to it, it's going to take time to see if the immunity lasts and the spread stops.
    There are plans for clinics to be open 12 hours a day, 7 days a week to deliver the vaccines. There was a big hoo-ha about it and I'm sure that feat would be impressive were it not for the fact that my local Morrison's is open for 17 hours today and Primark is planning on being open 24 hours a day in the run up to Christmas. Still, I'm sure that 12 hours a day is more than enough to help tackle the biggest disruption to the human race in recent memory...

I want to optimistic, I really do but I can't bring myself to do it. I still think that the numbers will go up to 50 and they will stay there for a while. Suppliers and clients are going to have to accept that.