Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post COVID - what's the future going to look like?

I think this Leicester situation makes things even worse than we could imagine for us.

Who is going to risk organising a wedding/event with fear guests may not be allowed or the venue have to close ?
    What if we have a booking in a different area and we have to lockdown ?
    Seems to prove this virus is going to last a long long time.
    Will people adapt to 'new style weddings' ?

For me, I think last nights announcement was the final nail. Going to be bringing everything I need out of storage and into the garage, sell (for next to nothing probably) any spare equipment, get rid of the van (basic disco will fit in the car) and look for something else.

Currently looking at business costs and see what I can shave off - web hosting the first as it is due soon.

Realistically if I need to expand again in future it isn't too difficult to do, but in the immediate future need something else. Went to look at 2 businesses yesterday and just waiting on figures coming through.

Sad time, but think we need a deadline for how much longer we can hold on.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Oops, OK. I missed that part of the announcement.
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Leicester's death rate is 6-10 times higher than the rest of the country.

If the death rate of an area has to be 10 times worse than average before a local lockdown is enforced, I can't see local lockdown being a weekly thing.

And it's Leicester. Not a seaside town where everyone has been congregating to or London, which was where everyone was expecting to have the most problems due to it's population density. It's almost as if Leicester hasn't taken this as seriously as the rest of the country...

I'm holding off the doom and gloom for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And my biggest gig of the year for 18th September just cancelled.
    Bad news mate All my September bookings are now cancelled (two were in private Marquees)

Things not looking Good

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    Bad news mate All my September bookings are now cancelled (two were in private Marquees)

Things not looking Good
    No problem for me. Due to my cast iron cancellation policy, I still get full pay from my agent!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post

Things not looking Good
    Heard from one of my venues last night that they are postponing all September and October weddings now. They have been very pro-active throughout this and I believe it will be a sign of things to come.

Think realistically if you haven't yet mentally wiped this whole year off (at least) you are going to be very disappointed.

Following a quick discussion with my local council it is surprising how closely they are monitoring businesses breaking guidelines (or bending the rules).
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Good to see that Government locked down Leicester, but I think dithered too long about it, just like the original decision to lock down the UK in March.

I am dreading 4 July. Wroxham will be flooded with holidaymakers this weekend as the Boats return to the broads, and the village crammed full of holidaymakers.

Good to see that Green King has some common sense and decided not to reopen until 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Think realistically if you haven't yet mentally wiped this whole year off (at least) you are going to be very disappointed.
    The Xmas Panto has just been cancelled in Norwich

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by East Anglian Discos View Post
    Good to see that Government locked down Leicester, but I think dithered too long about it, just like the original decision to lock down the UK in March.

I am dreading 4 July. Wroxham will be flooded with holidaymakers this weekend as the Boats return to the broads, and the village crammed full of holidaymakers.

Good to see that Green King has some common sense and decided not to reopen until 6th.
    I'm actually led to believe that's what some of the big multi ops were pushing for. It means it spreads the initial "burst" over a longer period (which helps manage it but also helps their turnover as well). Seems to have been ignored.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    The Xmas Panto has just been cancelled in Norwich

Julian
    Oh no it hasn't! - sorry couldn't help saying that