Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Round and round and round we go....where it stops....who the knows

From the BBC just now...

"An expected update for when weddings would be able to resume as normal also looks to be on hold - the prime minister’s original intention was to give people 28 days' notice ahead of the planned 21 June re-opening."

I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to contact my July couples very soon
    Hmm, unusual for me but I am feeling rather optimistic.

One thing I just can't see happening is things going backwards. I have had a number of meetings and phone calls and everyone I have spoken too is feeling positive about the 21st June going ahead - albeit maybe with some restrictions in place still, but not as severe as to stop weddings going ahead.

In fact, everyone has said they will be going ahead regardless, even if current restrictions are still in place.

Don't worry, will find my pessimistic head again very soon
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    albeit maybe with some restrictions in place still, but not as severe as to stop weddings going ahead.
    We're going to see restrictions of some sort for a long time to come.

In fact, everyone has said they will be going ahead regardless, even if current restrictions are still in place.
    And that's the thing. I'm sure Boris is savvy enough to realise there's a point at which Civil Disobedience, even Civil Unrest will happen, if we go back into lockdown. We can only go forwards, even if it's baby steps, perhaps with the odd standstill.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

One thing I just can't see happening is things going backwards. I have had a number of meetings and phone calls and everyone I have spoken too is feeling positive about the 21st June going ahead - albeit maybe with some restrictions in place still, but not as severe as to stop weddings going ahead.
    I think we'll return back to ad hoc local restrictions where necessary.

I can't see any national lockdown returning.

I think the question will be just over how much they relax on June 21st.

And if they do continue with local lockdowns, will that cause enough uncertainty for people to want to postpone a further year?

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I think we'll return back to ad hoc local restrictions where necessary.
    In view of the fairly haphazard siting of Hotspots, that makes sense. It's the good old Tier system.
    I can't see any national lockdown returning.
    That's political suicide, and I think Boris has a well developed penchant for self preservation, bout of Covid notwithstanding.
    I think the question will be just over how much they relax on June 21st.
    Currently looking like not as much as everyone wants/expected.
    And if they do continue with local lockdowns, will that cause enough uncertainty for people to want to postpone a further year?
    I think clients now fall into two camps.
    1) Let's do it now, with whatever restrictions, as the uncertainty is crippling.
    2) Let's call the whole thing off ( for now? ) as the uncertainty is crippling.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Which begs the question I am seeking how to answer - how long can we sustain our generosity and just keep postponing dates ? I have just had one today for October postponing till October 2022 due to uncertainties in the colder months. They will be getting married 5 years after initially booking and paying fees that were relevant 5 years ago.

If things are 'almost' back to normal I do thing I will have to say NO otherwise it will be business suicide.

Which begs the question I am seeking how to answer - how long can we sustain our generosity and just keep postponing dates ? I have just had one today for October postponing till October 2022 due to uncertainties in the colder months. They will be getting married 5 years after initially booking and paying fees that were relevant 5 years ago.

If things are 'almost' back to normal I do thing I will have to say NO otherwise it will be business suicide.
    TBF that's on you.

In the initial blast everyone got moved because it was the right thing to do and they weren't going ahead by any stretch of the imagination.

Someone at this stage asking to move from October? Yeah no probs but it's a cancellation and if you wish to rebook my 2023 fees are £x - you've already went well over and above what you should be doing as a business to placate them.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 19-05-2021 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Fixed duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    TBF that's on you.

In the initial blast everyone got moved because it was the right thing to do and they weren't going ahead by any stretch of the imagination.

Someone at this stage asking to move from October? Yeah no probs but it's a cancellation and if you wish to rebook my 2023 fees are £x - you've already went well over and above what you should be doing as a business to placate them.
    I agree BUT legally there is a different view which could make things a little messy.

At present there is nothing 100% confirmed that a wedding will be able to go ahead in October. If you treat it as cancellation/rebook then for some reason weddings cannot go ahead in October you are on tricky ground. By implementing cancellation/rebook you are in essence saying 'weddings can 100% go ahead on that date' which is something nobody can guarantee. Indeed, all indications are by Autumn/Winter some restrictions will return.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 19-05-2021 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Fixed quote ( Duplicate)

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

If you treat it as cancellation/rebook then for some reason weddings cannot go ahead in October you are on tricky ground. By implementing cancellation/rebook you are in essence saying 'weddings can 100% go ahead on that date' which is something nobody can guarantee. Indeed, all indications are by Autumn/Winter some restrictions will return.
    The moment a booking is cancelled is the moment that contractual obligations for that date comes to an end, meaning what happens after the cancellation is irrelevant. What would TUI's response be if today you cancelled your holiday for October, then called back in November and said to them "Ah...we couldn't have gone anyway. Can I have a refund please?"

You could do a goodwill thing by saying that if it turns out that the original date couldn't go ahead, you'll credit their next booking with the cancellation fee but you wouldn't be obligated to do so.

Hindsight doesn't come into play here. Only thing that matters is what was known at the time of the cancellation, and what we know today is that the final step of the roadmap is on June 21st 2021.

I agree BUT legally there is a different view which could make things a little messy.

At present there is nothing 100% confirmed that a wedding will be able to go ahead in October. If you treat it as cancellation/rebook then for some reason weddings cannot go ahead in October you are on tricky ground. By implementing cancellation/rebook you are in essence saying 'weddings can 100% go ahead on that date' which is something nobody can guarantee. Indeed, all indications are by Autumn/Winter some restrictions will return.
    No, it's the opposite of this.

At the moment, there is nothing in place that means the wedding CAN'T go ahead in October.

Which means the cancellation is through choice, rather than through restrictions in place stopping the wedding going ahead.

Anyone cancelling now for October is voluntarily cancelling.

The fact there *might* be restrictions is irrelevant.

Cool

The current restrictions MIGHT be lifted on 21st June subject to the 4 tests being met. Presently there is no date in law(*) for the removal or further easing of restrictions, and so anyone calling up today to cancel/postpone any future date is entitled to blame it on the restrictions and then it's down to your Ts and Cs how this is dealt with.

EXCEPT if it's a wedding taking place in a covid-secure venue with 30 or fewer guests or is a funeral wake, because these are currently allowed (England) in which case they can't blame the cancel/postpone on covid.

* UNTIL 25th March 2022 when the Coronavirus Act 2020 expires taking with it the legal powers to implement restrictions (unless rescinded or extended before then).

Well that's my take on things anyway

So if it were me I wouldn't be contacting clients booked beyond 21st June off my own back - I'd be waiting to see what happened with the restrictions first, in the hope that they are lifted and the gig can go ahead OR the customer, if wishing to postpone/cancel, would have to do so under normal Ts and Cs.