Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we return in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

There will be restrictions of some kind for the foreseeable future, I'd say up to Christmas ( 2021, in case some prophet of doom asks). Boris can't afford another lockdown, that's the only thing you can count on. He'll do anything to avoid it, and if that means decimating the hospitality industry, well that's just collateral damage. ( As far as he's concerned).
    I totally agree with you, however I am (guessing) it will be normal enough to allow everyone to 'work' For us I can see restricted numbers still, masks I would say are a certainty and I am unsure about testing.

From a politicians point of view, the hospitality sector will be the easiest to lose and recover from. Joe public have VERY short memories too, unless working in the sector they simply won't care once about the damage things are relaxed again. Another lockdown I think won't happen, unless armageddon was expected and doubt many would adhere to it anyway.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I totally agree with you, however I am (guessing) it will be normal enough to allow everyone to 'work' For us I can see restricted numbers still, masks I would say are a certainty and I am unsure about testing.
    I'll take those conditions any day of the week to be able to get back out again.
    I seem to be on a booking frenzy at the moment and the thought of possibly having to reschedule everything again doesn't bear thinking about

Based on the below, we could be back on the 21st of June.... and then gone again on the 22nd when someone changes their mind

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...nge-in-england
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Based on the below, we could be back on the 21st of June.... and then gone again on the 22nd when someone changes their mind

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...nge-in-england
    From what it says in the article, we'll be alright, cos we're professionals, not amateurs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    From what it says in the article, we'll be alright, cos we're professionals, not amateurs.
    Mr sceptic has returned again

Today it is announced that Boris isn't getting married till next year, whilst a major announcement for weddings was due today and never materialised.

Added to this any announcement about other easing of restrictions on June 21st is on hold.

Please tell me I am reading too much into this

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Mr sceptic has returned again

Today it is announced that Boris isn't getting married till next year, whilst a major announcement for weddings was due today and never materialised.

Added to this any announcement about other easing of restrictions on June 21st is on hold.

Please tell me I am reading too much into this
    I think they genuinely don't yet know. We need to see what this Indian variant is doing.

On Twitter there are some excellent experts who share lots of information that we just don't get on the news in general.

A few have shared some modelling, and one suggests that even if we remove restrictions on June 21st we could see a further 38,000 deaths.

That's rather worrying.

It seems the only way to avoid it could be retaining current levels of restrictions, giving enough time for the vaccine to be fully distributed.

It seems the biggest concern is that the Indian variant does seem to evade the vaccines slightly more than the 'old' variant.

I highly recommend keeping a close eye on Twitter, as they are far ahead of what you'll get on the news.

Just make sure to follow those who are backing up their claims with data, and get a wide spread of views to see what the consensus is.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I think they genuinely don't yet know. We need to see what this Indian variant is doing.

On Twitter there are some excellent experts who share lots of information that we just don't get on the news in general.

A few have shared some modelling, and one suggests that even if we remove restrictions on June 21st we could see a further 38,000 deaths.

That's rather worrying.

It seems the only way to avoid it could be retaining current levels of restrictions, giving enough time for the vaccine to be fully distributed.

It seems the biggest concern is that the Indian variant does seem to evade the vaccines slightly more than the 'old' variant.

I highly recommend keeping a close eye on Twitter, as they are far ahead of what you'll get on the news.

Just make sure to follow those who are backing up their claims with data, and get a wide spread of views to see what the consensus is.
    Yeah, I've followed twitter rather than the news since day one.

The REAL worry though seems to be this Yorkshire variant.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

That's rather worrying.

It IS worrying.....and yet (sorry if this gets too close to rule 20), we've opened the borders to let people go on holiday and potentially bring even more variants back in!
    Surely THAT in itself should have been in stage four, and us (with test & trace as per pubs, restaurants, gyms etc.) in stage three?

Some of the logic being applied at the moment really doesn't make sense. And why oh why can there not be a distinction between say, a sweaty and unventilated village hall or night-club compared to an airy and free flowing marquee or barn setting? And if ventilation is the key (which they seem to be saying a lot of at the moment), why not just insist that venues such as clubs are well ventilated with the installation of proper systems before they can reopen?

Sorry....a bit ranty. Another long shift in a boring job just completed....

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    It IS worrying.....and yet (sorry if this gets too close to rule 20), we've opened the borders to let people go on holiday and potentially bring even more variants back in!
    No problem. The devil and deep blue sea of destroying the travel industry or allowing the disease to spike again. Have to say, I'm with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Surely THAT in itself should have been in stage four, and us (with test & trace as per pubs, restaurants, gyms etc.) in stage three?

Some of the logic being applied at the moment really doesn't make sense. And why oh why can there not be a distinction between say, a sweaty and unventilated village hall or night-club compared to an airy and free flowing marquee or barn setting? And if ventilation is the key (which they seem to be saying a lot of at the moment), why not just insist that venues such as clubs are well ventilated with the installation of proper systems before they can reopen?

Sorry....a bit ranty. Another long shift in a boring job just completed....
    Logical, Captain.

And what's with this Yorkshire variant? Is it like the original, but a little less free with its money?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have returned in 2021!

I actually DJed on Saturday for the first time since Feb 2020. Felt a little odd but not as much as I was expecting. 50th birthday party for 30 people in a drafty marquee in lovely big garden in part of the country with very low Covid statistics. Generally very sensible, well behaved guests (clients were a surgeon and doctor so I assume they weren't entirely naive). Was great to be out working again but not an exciting party as they really just wanted to catch up with their mates (and to be honest were pretty plastered too!). That said, the planned midnight finish ended up being 2.15am.

And I've theoretically now got 2 jobs for clients who were originally planning a big party on 19th June but have now changed that to 2 smaller parties in June, I'm doing exterior lighting in the most beautiful garden which used to be the walled garden of a stately home, where they're hoping to be able to have dinner outside, so both of those will be extremely weather dependent!