Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10(ish) Salsa

I quite like Marc Anthony I recently played a deisco for a very nice cuban couple and this proved popular. Can't remember many tracks but muy dentro de mi is a slower salsa but still in keeping.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

For Marc Anthony upi an also play 'I Need to Know' and 'You Sang to Me' (the English language version of 'Muy Dentro de Mi').
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Quote Originally Posted by djpapastu View Post
    My neighbour is a salsa teacher, and she always uses/recommends the Rhythms Del Mundo CD's, there's a Rhythms del Mundo (Cuba) and a new one out too, Rhythms del Mundo Classics, but basically they are all salsa versions of songs by artists like Coldplay, Artic Monkeys, Jack Johnson etc, I've played Coldplay-Clocks and Ai No Corrida before at gigs, both off the cuban album, when people asked for some salsa stuff and they liked it. Check out www.rhythmsdelmundo.com
    Ok, this might just be me, the Coldplay track just about works (and so does Maroon 5), but most of the tracks from the Classics album seem like some kind of bad joke to me. Salsa versions of "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Beat it" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit"???

The album is available in digital format Here - I'd be interested to know what other peoples opinions are?

Julian

SO MUCH FOR KEEPING TO LISTS OF WORKABLE TRACKS

HOW HARD IS IT?????
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    SO MUCH FOR KEEPING TO LISTS OF WORKABLE TRACKS

HOW HARD IS IT?????
    I thought you were compiling lists for these? If that had been done then there would be no need for the thread.

If there were lists of tracks that worked posted on these threads, I probably would've done by now.

15 posts & 12 useable tracks & the rest is just waffle!
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    If there were lists of tracks that worked posted on these threads, I probably would've done by now.

15 posts & 12 useable tracks & the rest is just waffle!
    Sorry - it's taken some prompting to get any response on Salsa! If you (or another admin) want to clean this thread up and break my comment on the Rhythms del Mundo CD's into a new thread under the Music forum, feel free.

Sorry...

Julian

I've got a wedding this weekend, where the bride is Spanish and has requested some Latin/Spanish/Salsa tunes which I'm quite partial to(having lived in Spain for a few years). Saw this thread and thought I'd drop my contribution in.

Enrique Iglesias - Bailiamos
    Ricky Martin - La Bomba/Maria/Ole, Ole, Ole
    Shakira - Rabiosa
    Gypsy Kings - Maria Dolores/Bamboleo
    Tito Puente - Ran Kan Kan
    Marc Anthony - Ahora Quien/Valio La Pena/No Sabres como Duelo
    Grupo Niche - Esa Mujer
    Jerry Rivera - Mi Libertad
    Elvis Crespo - Salsa Cubano

The last 4 artists, would really depend on how much the guest were into Salsa, a friend of mine runs salsa classes and uses all of these, so anyone who goes to these type of classes/functions would probably know them.

You could if you wanted drop in Mucho Mambo(Sway) or Lambada, no one would probably come screaming up. So there's 16 more tunes for you.
    Richard
    Phoenix Entertainments