Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My Denon Prime 4 Journey

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    I see, no response on here so turn up at my house with new toy and let me show you how to use it lol!
    So that's why my phone's been so quiet today - he's found somebody else to pester

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    So that's why my phone's been so quiet today - he's found somebody else to pester
    Yes, and he showed me where the " continue" button was hiding! It did however take him a while to comprehend that there were a few less buttons on a battery powered portable machine than his six feet wide behemoth!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Yes, and he showed me where the " continue" button was hiding! It did however take him a while to comprehend that there were a few less buttons on a battery powered portable machine than his six feet wide behemoth!
    Only Jealous I can't quite throw mine over my shoulder like you can!

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    Only Jealous I can't quite throw mine over my shoulder like you can!
    I'm really impressed that you can lift the thing off the floor!

Yesterday, while showing it off to someone, I worked out ( unaided, I might add, no manual or youtube videos ) how to route the mic to the booth output, and how to enable auto ducking. Clever me.

Oh ! I think I've found a problem with mine.

First night out last year after I purchased it, touchscreen didn't want to respond so put it away and went to the backup. OK I thought, it's chilly, it's damp (that particular wedding was the only one I've EVER worked in wearing wellies!), it's a snag.

Since then....not too many problems...until last weekend.

The touchscreen has been unresponsive for two gigs in a row now. It's taken multiple reboots (without moving the P4 or the screen I might add) to "bring it to life"
    I've had it at home today. SIX restarts and we got there (no moving of screen so can't see how it's any of the connections). Since then (and since it's been "acclimatised" to where it's sitting...no problem).

The first gig it failed on...cold and wet
    The second gig it failed on...cold and wet
    The third gig it failed on...cold.

Do I need to take a hairdryer to it in the cooler months to make it work, or is this going to cost me money? (it's a month out of the warranty period ). Does this machine prefer the balmy summer nights over being transported in a cold van to the venue and then kick off like a teenager?

I'm beginning to lose faith if it's not going to work as it should each and every time I fire it up!

Oh Wayne, how I remember the frantic use of a hairdryer, to bring CD players to life. I also remember ( before I upgraded the storage facility ) watching as the Cortex units slowly thawed out, and began to come back to normal operating speed. Squeaky bum time, both.

Obviously the temperature changes are having an effect, I remember waiting for kit to acclimatise before turning some things on. I wonder if the use of hard cases is a factor, mine lives in a soft bag. and usually travels in the cabin, not the cargo space. Perhaps this may help.

Also, I wonder if the movable screen is a factor? Again, mine is fixed, and might it be expected not to be as susceptible?

Good luck, and keep us posted as to further problems/solutions.

Well, it's been sitting in the house for the past 36 hours.

After the initial problems yesterday, it's worked every time I've fired it up so my guess is that it's something to do with climate/temperature.
    Will do more testing over the next couple of days but I can't think what else it could be

After the initial problems yesterday, it's worked every time I've fired it up so my guess is that it's something to do with climate/temperature.
    Will do more testing over the next couple of days but I can't think what else it could be
    I once had an amp that needed to live in the airing cupboard, otherwise it made awful noises, and was unusable. To my simple mind, cold and/or damp sound like the source of your issues. I will watch with interest.

Is it flightcased or in a bag/similar ?
    I have found (touch wood) since storing everything in flight cases I have no problems at all - even my leads are in flight cases but again never have any trouble with them.
    Everything is stored in a container style storage unit, however I do usually pack my van on the morning of a booking
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Is it flightcased or in a bag/similar ?
    I have found (touch wood) since storing everything in flight cases I have no problems at all - even my leads are in flight cases but again never have any trouble with them.
    Everything is stored in a container style storage unit, however I do usually pack my van on the morning of a booking
    It's a solid flightcase from OddyseyUSA. There's even a couple of the dehumidifier sachets in there which I forgot to take out when it arrived.
    Everything of mine is stored in a container and I've never had a problem (whether left out on shelves as some bits are, or kept in flightcases/bags).

I do the same as you by the way, load up on the morning of the gig, mainly because that way you tend to avoid the day-trippers that like to go along of a weekend and pull everything out of their storage units, touch it, and put it back again but manage to get in everyone else's way