Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Equinox white star cloth controller wiring issues!!!!

Default Equinox white star cloth controller wiring issues!!!!

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for accepting me on the forum/directory.

Has anyone with an Equinox Controller (MK1 for the 4 foot star cloth with white LED's) able to check the wiring of the 5 pin connector (the connector the star cloth plugs into) to the 6 pin white connector (plugged into the motherboard) inside the controller - can be seen by removing the 4 screws on the side panel & looking inside the controller (nothing else needs to be removed or pulled apart).
    Upgrading to the XLR connector & plug, cut the wires at the 5 pin connector end before realising there is 2 red wires .

Just to make clear, this isn't the plug end that's attached to the cloth, I’ve got that side of it figured. Issue is getting the 2 red wires connected in the right order - I believe the red & green wires (which are next to each other) on the white connector are the same red & green wires soldered together on the 5 pin connector, but need confirmation before going ahead & potentially blowing something on the board.

I've attached 4 pictures of what I have.

Thanks in advance.
    Michael

Name:  273284222_10225856019803554_3017480914244614191_n.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  22.1 KBName:  273147737_10225856021723602_7926958112621560905_n.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  59.5 KBName:  273161098_10225856020603574_6235112768467703938_n.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  37.3 KB Name:  273644542_10225855465269691_431585366022749666_n.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  74.6 KB

Hello Michael, and For some reason, your posts were moderated, even though I thought ( waits for Marc J to correct me ) Newbies didn't have that restriction. I've approved this one, and deleted the duplicate.

Now all we need is a technocrat like Justin to pop along and give chapter and verse on the wiring. It appears to me though that no manufacturer makes a truly bulletproof, reliable starcloth, more's the pity.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hi there,
    Thanks for your reply.

I did submit the same post twice as I couldn’t see the first post on the forum (may be something to do with it being moderated).

Any help with the wiring would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Michael

Welcome to the MDD Forum, Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    For some reason, your posts were moderated, even though I thought ( waits for Marc J to correct me ) Newbies didn't have that restriction. (
    New member's first post have always been moderated

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post

New member's first post have always been moderated
    Seemingly second one as well, Marc. I've just approved it.

I know that on occasion, people seemed to be moderated somewhat randomly. Some folk seemed to be moderated for ages, while others whizzed through quickly.

For some reason ( possibly because at some point it was thus ) I thought the moderation wasn't applied in Newbies. Perhaps it always was, I know it has had various settings over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Seemingly second one as well, Marc. I've just approved it.

I know that on occasion, people seemed to be moderated somewhat randomly. Some folk seemed to be moderated for ages, while others whizzed through quickly.

For some reason ( possibly because at some point it was thus ) I thought the moderation wasn't applied in Newbies. Perhaps it always was, I know it has had various settings over the years.
    Nothing random, it's all in the timing, see New Members - Moderation Procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Nothing random, it's all in the timing, see New Members - Moderation Procedure
    Many thanks for the link, Marc. I see it's a conversation we've had before, when you explained it to me last time. How quickly I forget things these days.

I've got drawings of the plug wiring for a few starcloths somewhere.... I strongly recommend you don't bother getting it repaired like for like though. I've modified a good few equinox controllers & cloths with a far superior plug & socket - neutrik 5 pin XLR

Oh FYI don't go making the classic assumption that red is positive & black is negative! I've seen power wiring in starcloth controllers where positive was red with black and negative was black with red

Bah I can't find any of my starcloth wiring info apart from what I've posted here to this ere forum.

If you can't find anyone with the same controller maybe give Chris Beesley a call at Prolight (if he's still there) or one of their technical wizards.

Default Starcloth wiring help

Hi all
    Did you manage to figure out how to wire the starcloth? I've got one that looks similar to yours, but have no controller. I've bought an LEDJ Pro Controller. Problem is the output is a 3 or 5 pin DMX plug, but the starcloth has the smaller 5 pole male connector.
    Does anyone know how to convert the 5 wires from the starcloth to a DMX connector?