Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
I have a very simple approach to pricing for challenging venues. My fees are high enough that, if a venue turns out to be challenging, I'm OK with it. If the venue turns out to be easy, then even better.
Hmmmm, breathe deeply Peter, breathe deeply. Think calming thoughts.
Julian, many of these ( the last one referred to ) are quoted for because of the date, rather than the highest possible financial returns. I don't like gaps in the diary. Loading the price to cover Roadies, overnight stops, a three course meal and the like isn't going to fill many.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
Back on topic though, I get regular enquiries through a bridal website where the venue isn't specified. In nearly every case the couple have either neglected to enter their venue into the site or have forgotten to personalise the message sent to me to include it. At the moment I'm getting enquiries for 3-4 weeks time with no venue selected and I refuse to believe that anyone hasn't got at least an idea of the venue this close to their wedding date (if only because there are legal things that have to happen to be able to get married, and most of them take more than 4 weeks in England!!)

Julian
There are just so many weddings with a date but not a venue, that I refuse to believe they're all still searching. How can you have a date fixed for your wedding, but still be asking suppliers where suitable places are? Surely that's bum about face? I refuse to believe that they're taking our advice on board, in order to get a good venue.