Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Storage units

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

It's actually a bit of a pain in the arse to get into already with the keys so hopefully any wrong un will have no chance.
    I take that to indicate you don't have a 125mm battery angle grinder with Inox discs Jim?

When cable thefts were rife I got stopped by the Federales near a railway. They politely asked if they could have a look in the van, as I was doing my best impersonation of a highly suspicious person travelling slowly in the wee hours.

Of course I said yes, as I had nothing to hide, did I? Well, I didn't have a full disco in the van, I'd only been on PA hire/roadie with a mate, so I hadn't cleaned out all the day job gear, as I didn't need all the room. I left some day job gear in.

Sitting proudly on top of the kit was the cable thief's weapon of choice, a chuffing great petrol Stihlsaw!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Getting there. Insulated the bottom shelf to give a bit of protection from the concrete in the winter. Going to cut up a pallet and insulate that for sitting the booth and bar bag on. Might wrap the wall around the shelves or get some MDF on the sides of the shelving at the walls and insulate them.
    My only recommendation is to pull the shelving units further away from the wall - you want as much airflow as possible around the back of those shelving units to try and avoid damp and mould forming as best as possible.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Kinda related, but my gear has been stored in my garage since as far back as I can remember. Since my son was born, I have lost my office to his nursery and space in the house is limited due to the sheer amount of medical suppliers that we have for him.

So I've converted half the garage into a home studio. Storing the gear has had to be done creatively, but I've not thrown any kit away and have been able to put it in half the space it used to be in. Bonus points for the fact that the extra fridge we kept in the garage for drinks is now only two short steps from where I am currently sitting (still a door in the way though, but I can't have everything!).

Never had any issues storing kit in my garage, but everything being closer to the door is making me want to keep an extra eye on how things pan out. But having my own workspace again makes me so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    My only recommendation is to pull the shelving units further away from the wall - you want as much airflow as possible around the back of those shelving units to try and avoid damp and mould forming as best as possible.
    Yeah it's going to get moved,that was just to see how it would need the shelves set up but by that point I was choking for a beer