Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but....

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    If they asked for them I'd be happy to supply the photos.

The main reason I take photos (especially at gigs for other people), is evidence of what the evening looked like. I try and take at least 1 photo per hour - if they come back making a claim like "no one danced all night", then at least I have photos of a busy dancefloor throughout the evening! It also proves I turned up, etc etc.
    Yeah, I do the same, but I wouldn't share those on social media

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now here's a genuine question I don't know the etiquette for, and I can't remember how I treated you Chris. If I crossed the line, I apologise.
    So, what's the procedure when covering a gig for someone? Do you say where you are, do you credit the person whose gig it is, or do you keep schtum? Can you use photos of the rig? The venue? If there is an accepted way of behaving, I'd like to know it.
    No, you never crossed any line, just provided a superb service which I knew.

I think when working for others it should be a discussion between you and the person providing the booking ? I think that is fair but may be wrong.

Personally I would say 'yeah post away' UNLESS it was a resident venue or one I was recommended for. There are also other suppliers to consider too. I had a bit bother with a DJ who also provides dancefloors take a pic of a gig I passed to him, with another company (who I recommend and they recommend me), posted on social media as if it was all 'his booking'

The other consideration I always have is if I have more than one wedding a night I never post anything that night - one of my aims is every B&G feel like theirs in the only wedding I am doing that day, week, month and year - which many agree that they do have that feeling.

Mind you, I am one who is friendly with quite a few DJs and if I work in one of their recommended venues, even my own booking, I don't post it on social media and they do the same likewise.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I would never post on socials of me working at a venue on behalf of someone else unless I knew it was ok to do so.

I never usually do social media posts for whitelabel gigs but if I'm bored I'll take a close up of the setup and say "out working tonight" but no mention of venue and no way to ID the venue from the photo either.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk