Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Equinox Booth repair suggestions

Default Equinox Booth repair suggestions

I know, some peope seem to hate these booths now but they work for me. I have the equinox booth with the overhead lighting bar. Issue I have, (I think my fault for having too much weight on the overhead) is that where the 2 upright poles on either side, join together where the top bar slides over the lower bar, the narrower part of the lower bar that goes inside the upper one, is slack so the bar wobbles back and forth slightly when up. Has anyone else had this issue and what is the best way to fix it. COuld maybe get it spot welded but this would not leave the lower part flush for the top bar to sit flat over it. Other thought was to drill a hole through the bar and put a bolt through it with maybe a narrow washer on the inside to hold the loose part tight. Of course the other option is to buy a new overhead kit but seems like a bit of a waste of money. Any ideas or succesful repairs, welcome.

I'm a big fan of the Equinox booth.

However, I really disliked the overhead kit - mainly because it seemed to take so long to put up, especially to get to a decent height, and just looked a bit OTT.

I replace it with a gas-powered lighting stand with the tripod bit removed, attached to the stand using a truss half-coupler, and then each lighting stand has its own (fairly small) t-bar on top.

As your current setup is broken, it's worth considering alternative options like this.

Like Gavin above - I'm a big fan of the Equinox booth. Mine may be bowing in the middle of the shelf due to years of heavy controllers on it, but it just works.

I had the overhead kit and soon cannibalised it to become part of my kids show because it was easier for that. For adult parties and weddings, it looked too much like I should be selling apples and bananas on a market somewhere.

My solution, gravity stands. Stable, heavy and bulletproof (more so than tripods).

As Gavin says, it may be a good time to re-evaluate the setup

I've cannibalised speaker stands to make solid, adjustable uprights for the overhead, I have clamps of every shape and size in the shed, and yet- I agree with Wayne.

Gravity stands, can even be put some distance from the booth, more solid, and go higher. ( To be honest, I have many times considered how to lash the Gravity poles to the booth, but the moment passed before I took action ) . The matching t-bars, and you're good to go. Nine times out of ten, I don't use t-bars, one light on the top of the pole, one fastened to the pole just under that with a half clamp, and a Spectrapix batten clamped vertically. ( You have to get a bit creative with that one. Different sized clamps, one modified ).
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk